Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 15th, 2011 05:00

How and who to make a complaint to at Dell about Inspiron 1525 laptop? Cover has started smoking and melting.

Hi

Anyone know how I can complain to DELL? I've had 4 motherboards replaced this year and now the shell has strted smoking and melting - could have set my home on fire.

Thanks for any help.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

October 15th, 2011 07:00

Artkitten

If there's a warranty, you need to contact Dell's Technical Support ASAP, no warranty, try contacting Dell's Customer's service.

Also, it's better to post this in the Laptop forum HERE, this forum is for Desktop Hardware.

Bev.

872 Posts

October 16th, 2011 21:00

6 Posts

October 17th, 2011 03:00

HI Thanks for you email muto.  I live in the UK so I guess I need to contact Trading standards here which I think Is similar to bbb.  Great idea cause I had not thought of them.  Many thanks.

6 Posts

October 17th, 2011 04:00

Thanks Robert

I sent the UK  support people an email but not heard anythng back.

Name - Alexandra Davies

Address - <Admin note: Address removed per privacy policy>

Tel - <Admin note: Phone number removed per privacy policy>

Service tag <Admin note: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

not sure of my order number as my Dad bought the laptop for me as a birthday present.

I am really frustrated with this laptop as ever since I got it every couple of months something goes wrong with it and I need technical or hardware assistance.  I have continually needed to buy from DELL the technical and hardware support solutions ever since I got the laptop, which adds up to a lot of money.  Are all DELL laptops this unreliable?

I have been really patient with all the appointments to continually fix this laptop and staying in for the engineer and cancelling my days commitments.

I am more than concerned that when this my current Solution station ends next May i may not be able to renew it due to the age of the laptop and as it has been continually faulty from the start I will then have to buy a new laptop.  All very very frustrating and time consuming contact DELL, staying in for engineers, not being able to complain about the product, as well as stressful and costly to me.

An email in response and solution to this email would be greatly appreciated.

Alex Davies

No Events found!