Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 1st, 2010 09:00

How noisy or quiet is the Vostro 230 mini tower?

I'm thinking of buying a Vostro 230 mini tower with dual-core processor.

Can anyone who already has one tell me how noisy it is?

I currently have a Dimension 4600 that is pretty quiet - just a low hum under the desk in a quiet room at home.

I want to use the Vostro 230 in a similar room - for work at home - so little background noise.

Can you hear the Vostro? Is the fan noisy? Does it get noisier if processing a lot?

Thanks

5 Posts

October 10th, 2010 14:00

Anyone have any views?

4 Posts

October 10th, 2010 19:00

Hello,  Though I don't have a 230 mini tower I do have a Vostro 200 mini tower and it can be quite noisy at times.  I keep it under a desk in my bedroom and sometimes it will be so loud that it will wake my wife up at night.  There are certain programs particularly p2p progams that really tax the computer and cause it to make a definite whirring sound.  This probably wouldn't be so bad but depending on how much of the processor is being used at any one time the noise will continually pump louder or softer.  Otherwise I would say it is a great computer but this noise problem has been an issue for me.  I will soon be in the market for a new desktop and I will surely try to find something that is quieter. 

Hope this helps,

Cowboy Ron

5 Posts

October 13th, 2010 03:00

Thanks very much for this - any other views?

No Events found!