Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 20th, 2010 13:00

How to Get with USA Tech Support...

My 710 is Death and under extended warranty, No luck with a replacement Mobo from them, Their upgrade to 720 mobo is also in backorder... They have offer a XPS Studio 8100, But I turn them down due to no Sli and limited upgrade... 730x are discountinue, and they can not touch the Outlet PC. They are offering my money back B...ut I have to wait about 30 days till I get a check... and I just want my PC back...

I ratter talk to someone in the USA instead of India... But also want me to pay for that 2....

468 Posts

February 20th, 2010 15:00

You have to pay extra to get north american tech support when you built your system.  If you did not select the option and pay extra for it, there is really no way to get a hold of anyone in north america.

14.4K Posts

February 20th, 2010 16:00

If you are not willing to wait take the money or the system.  It may be quite a while for them to get a new 720 system board as these board are extremely proprititary and unless the orginal maker is tooling up to make them Dell may just be relying on refurbishing any ones that were returned. 

I seriously doubt you will get any better offers from USA support than the Indian. IF it was me I would get my money back and just get a new system.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

February 20th, 2010 16:00

You could try Unresolved Issues.

Ron

468 Posts

February 20th, 2010 17:00

hmm.. that is odd.. i would keep calling them till you get someone willing to do their job.. they are supposed to replace your unit with one of equal or better value and components..

27 Posts

Is a shame... I have done everything in my power to play nice, and I just want my pc back.... I can not deal with dual monitor any longer.... I just want my PC back.... I am also waiting for them to call me on monday as the escalation team are so sorry to work or return call on the weekend...

Is a good thing I flight for free, I feel like going to Texas this week...

468 Posts

I just reread your post.. did they say they wouldn't take a unit from the dell outlet to replace your dead computer?  I find that odd since when I've had my issues and they replaced my computer, it was a refurbished, aka dell outlet computer that they replaced it with and it worked fine and looked like new.. Plus i've read multiple posts about people getting refurbished units when there main unit dies.. its just quicker and a lot easier to pull from the outlet then to build a unit from scratch, especially if it is discontinued..

27 Posts

That is exacly what I am thinking!!!  I choose Dell XPS 710 over the Alienware back on 2007, because the Company and beacuse XPS was a better deal ($) than the Area-51.... I can not see my self paying another $1000.00 for marginal improvement with the Alienware...

Nevertheless Alienware is now Dell, and today if you want a true Gaming PC Dell only offer Alienware and the XPS are out... I do Aircraft Sofware programing and modeling and we have about  10 XPS in our firm. I be happy with a nice old XPS 630 from the Dell Outlet. as long I can run my 4 monitors (and Gaming in SLI on my idle time) I be happy...

27 Posts

February 22nd, 2010 14:00

Why is so hard for someone to do their job.... 10 days, and the Escalation Team have me in La-la-land... Can some one loan me a flashlight? as they keep geting me under dark... Here?

Those Dell still care about their Customer Technical Support experiance? or you get what you paid?

"Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, Your are may only Help"

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

February 22nd, 2010 16:00

I asked the forum moderators to read this thread and see if they are able to help you...

Ron

8 Posts

February 22nd, 2010 16:00

I am having the same problem as you are with my 710 MB. The tech service, during my first call, was going to order parts for repair. Second cconversation was that there weren't any parts available. I would be wating what sounded like forever. I then received a phone call from the tech telling me that her supervisor had told her to rewrite the case and someone would contact me to offer a replacement computer. They never said what type but after reading a few other posts it looks like they will offer the XPS 8100 which I would have to refuse also. I have a couple of questions for you if you don't mind . How long did it take for someone to contact you to make the replacement offer and how close was the cash offer to your original 710 purchase price? I would accept cash if I could use it towards an Alienware build. I like you would also look at an outlet replacement ( 630 ).

Thanks for reading and good luck

27 Posts

February 22nd, 2010 18:00

Well, let see...

On 02/11/2007, It was a very wet n cold day here in Central Florida (32 dgr), I know... it does not compare to the NorthEast... But I had to change to my Florida Winter wear... No longer T-shirt, bahamas Shorts and Flip Flap.... While I has rendering my application Model in Maya... My PC sundely froze up... Hours of work and rendering are now gone...

But Never fear.... I have Dell extended warranty with next day onsite support that I purchase back in the Spring of 2007. So I After a hard shut off and Power back up the system was gone... The Sound of the Front Fan Blasting like it was rolling down the runway to take off, But No luck, No Activity from the LED's and of course no Image...    

I contact the XPS Technical Support, and we did the monkey n pony show tier 1 support just to confirm that my mobo was Out... The open a Dispatch Number and I was told That the Onsite Support will contact me in 1 to 2 buisness days to schedule a mobo and Power Supply replacement... Well On the 4 Buisness day I call to follow up and check the status of my repair 02/16/07....

Here is the begining of Dell Technical Support approach...

TS "Your Mobo and Power Supply will be in tomorrow "02/17/07" and a Tech will be onsite tomorrow as well"... I was upset because they should contact me prior dispatching a tech so I can make the time ahead of schdule... after barking at them I got the outsource onsite tech support... The Onsite Support told me that they do not know why they told me that, cause the Mobo was in back order for a while... Ok then...

I call the XPS TS again, and this time I comfront them and ask to have the issue escalated, So now I had to wait for a call back from the Escalation Team Manager...

I get the Call on 02/18/2007 from a TS escalation Manager,  and he confirm me that the 710 Mobo was in back order But beacuse of the issue, he was going to Upgrade the Mobo to a 720.... and According to him, they are the same Board but with different layout... Interesting... Hmmmmm 710 was nforce 560 chipset and 720 was a nforce 680... but I guest they are the same...?

Now on the 02/19/07 I had the same Manager calling me to tell me that 720 mobo is also in back order, and now he was offering me a XPS Studio 8000, he also told me to go online and Configure the new XPS to my liking and send him a e-mail with that Configuration.... I was happy till I saw that the XPS Studio 8000 was discontinue and replace by the 8100. I procede to do the Order but then when it was time to go for dual graphic card.... What No Sli, No Cross fire....? No way.. I felt like I was trading my XPS 710 for Optiplex.... and to take my HD (RAID 0) to some where in Order to get my data out... (at my Cost)

I call the Manager again and told him that his offer was not acceptable due to lack of configuration.... The only options that he gave me where...

• Take the exchange
  • Partial Refund, wich can take up to 20 days after they recive my XPS   
  • Wait for the replacement Mobo which there is no time frame... But around 20 days at least...

That is all they can do...

In the meanwhile I am losing big money here as I am falling behind schedule and My old Alienware takes longer to render with an FX-55 AMD CPU.

I can Customer Service and they can not help me because is a Technical Issue.... OK what about Customer Service.... and why is so hard to get in touch with Dell Corporate ???

8 Posts

February 22nd, 2010 18:00

Thanks for your reply. I have read that Dell's replacement policy is "as good as or better than your broken computer". It sure doesn't seem like it in your case. I hope I'm not in the same boat. Try the" unresolved issue " link at the bottom middle of this page. Keep us posted on your results.

27 Posts

February 22nd, 2010 19:00

Try the" unresolved issue "

Did that on Friday, Is a good thing that my wife is a Flight Attendant and I can Fly for Free.... I am thinking to fly to Austin on Thursday, if I get my Visa Entry so I can enter the Country of Dell. I just hope the Actual onsite Personal Support is Better than the phone and the Online....

To Be Continue...

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 23rd, 2010 08:00

I am not sure what that will accomplish. We do not have technicians waiting around to help people who drop by. And if we did, what would they troubleshoot? We already know the motherboard is bad. An equal system exchange from the XPS 710 with the dual PCIe x16 motherboard would be for the Alienware Aurora. That is what Customer Care should be setting up. As far as how long that takes, I do not know.

2 Intern

• 

272 Posts

February 23rd, 2010 09:00

I am not sure what that will accomplish. We do not have technicians waiting around to help people who drop by. And if we did, what would they troubleshoot? We already know the motherboard is bad. An equal system exchange from the XPS 710 with the dual PCIe x16 motherboard would be for the Alienware Aurora. That is what Customer Care should be setting up. As far as how long that takes, I do not know.

Chris,

As someone who had my own issues with the support process not too long ago, and who lives within driving distance of Round Rock, I will say this:  I did not expect that there would be technicians waiting to fix my system at the door.  What I did expect was a human being to speak with who would be able to expedite the support process after repeated attempts to communicate my issues and concerns to support techs in India who gave scripted answers to my inquiries that were, in many cases, not really relevant or accurate in my situation.  What I got instead, was a printed form that the receptionist at the front desk offered, which got me yet another call from an Indian tech which just continued my long frustrating journey through Dell's poor excuse for outsourced tech support.  All that did was to confirm to me the image of Dell as a cold, uncaring organization that views paying customers with problems as an annoyance to be gotten rid of, rather than as valued consumers of it's products.  To not have the infrastructure in place to deal reasonably, and empathetically with frustrated customers is a failure of process that a student of Business Management 101 would be taught to provide.  I think that I have a reasonable position, and I challenge you or anyone at Dell to give me a reasonable explanation for Dell's inability to provide a decent level of human interaction to customers with issues.

No Events found!