Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 10th, 2009 13:00

Hybrid G140 shuts down by itself when playing blue ray disks

When I try to play blue ray disks using media direct it shuts down. I think it works a little more stable when it is not playing them in full screen mode. Also some BD work fine but most of BD cause this problem.

3 Posts

May 19th, 2009 11:00

Although the problem still exists but I believe I figured out how to suppress the sudden shut down.

First of all it seems that the system shuts down because the processor gets overheated. In oder to prevent it from overheating you need to go to the Advanced Power Settins and find there something like Max Processor Performance. Most likely it will be 100%. I tried to set it 80% but the Blue Ray movies were decreet after that, then I have set it to 95% and it seems to work now more or less normal.

So try this solution and let people know if it worked.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 20th, 2009 14:00

vladyslav,

Did you upgrade the Broadcom BD Accelerator card device driver to version 1.0.4<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed / replaced from this post by Dell>?

3 Posts

May 20th, 2009 14:00

How do I check this?

1 Message

May 20th, 2009 17:00

Hey Chris,

I did upgrade the Broadcom BD Accelerator card device driver to version 1.0.4. In fact, I've done the following things to trouble shoot the problem:

1) rebooting (still shuts down) 
2) allowing the machine to sit turned off for an hour then play again (still shuts down)
3) allowing the machine to sit turned off over night then play again (still shuts down)
4) tried different HDMI cables (still shuts down)
5) tried different monitors (still shuts down)
6) updated drivers
7) reinstalled windows and all the drivers (still shuts down)
8) checked fan (still shuts down)
9) dissassembled computer and removed and reseated heat sink (still shuts down)
10) reinstalled windows and all the drivers (still shuts down)
11) dissassembled computer and removed and reseated heat sink (still shuts down)
12) rebooted and ran Dell Diagnostics (no problems showed up)

I am currently waiting for a Dell technician to come and replace my motherboard. So frustrating...

Thanks,
Gery 

No Events found!