Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 12th, 2009 16:00

I accidently removed sigmatel audio program

Hi, I accidently removed my sigmatel audio program while I was in my control panels add and delete programs.

Now I have no sound on  my computer and haven't figured out how to restore the sigmatel audio program.

Can anyone help me to restore sound to my computer. If so, could you give me a step by step process on how to do this.

I would greatly appreciate any help anyone can give me. My computer is a Dell XPS-200.

Thank you

Tom

<ADMIN NOTE:Email Id removed per privacy policy>

14.4K Posts

September 12th, 2009 17:00

Go HERE <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

and download and install the driver. I would suggest you download using the web browser function rather than the download manager.

2 Posts

September 12th, 2009 18:00

Dave, thank you so much for your help.I did as you said and now I have my sound back. Again, thanks so much.

Tom

14.4K Posts

September 12th, 2009 18:00

You are welcome. Glad to have helped.

July 28th, 2013 02:00

Hi there - I accidentally removed the sigmatel audio from my computer's program list. I have tried everything and cannot figure out how to restore. When I attempt a system restore, I get the message that my computer has not been changed so the restore is incomplete (even though the system restore wizard shows the time stamp that I removed the sigmatel audio :-( )

Can someone please help me? I have no sound on my Dell Latitude D520 and do not know what to do. I am running Windows XP.

Thanks,

steph

July 28th, 2013 02:00

Never mind - I just answered and resolved my own question. :-) Literally have worked on this for 3 hours and just figured it out. I downloaded the correct driver from Dell: http://ftp.dell.com/Pages/Drivers/latitude-d520.html

No Events found!