Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

June 26th, 2017 12:00

I have Dell XPS 8900. The monitor says "no signal"

I was listening to music this morning, when out of nowhere my computer started making this loud buzzing noise. It then froze up my computer while still making this noise. So I shut down my computer. When I restarted the computer it seemed to go into a diagnostic mode to try to repair the computer. The computer never made back to my login screen. Now the monitor wont even recognize my computer. I turn the computer on and the fans turn on. But the monitor says "no signal". I have already hooked the computer up another monitor and that monitor says the same thing. Im thinking maybe the video card is bad? Any help would be appreciated!

2 Intern

• 

1.2K Posts

June 28th, 2017 01:00

Hi scounter01

Does this monitor work on another system? Can you check with alternate ports or cables? Looks like the graphics card needs replacing.

Please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

June 28th, 2017 04:00

Yeah the monitor works fine. I plugged the monitor up to my laptop and I am using it right now to type this message. Right after I posted this help request.......the power on my desktop went out completely. So I now think the problem is the power supply. I ordered a new one.........so when it comes in I shall see what happens. Thanks for the help.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

July 1st, 2017 20:00

Physically remove the add-in video card and then connect your monitor to one of the onboard video ports. Does that work?

(You have to remove the add-in card to try this because the onboard video ports are disabled when the card is installed.)

No Events found!