Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 7th, 2013 04:00

IE9 won't display pictures

I have an Inspiron 545, Windows Vista.  I upgraded by browser to Internet Explorer 9, but now pictures won't display on all websites.  I've tried all the troubleshooting solutions for it (none worked), but most say I can fix the problem by  upgrading my video card to a video card that supports Direct2D.  Dell doesn't seem to have any graphics driver like that, though.  Anything else I can do?  I don't like any other browser, tried them all, but want to stick with IE.  Thanks for any help.

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

February 7th, 2013 05:00

Hi Lita545,

Try below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

To reset Internet Explorer settings:

• Close all Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.
  • Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button . In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.
  • Click the Tools button , and then click Internet options.
  • Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
  • Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data.
  • In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
  • When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.
  • Close Internet Explorer.
  • Your changes will take effect the next time you open Internet Explorer.

Ensure  software rendering is selected:

• Start Internet Explorer 9.
  • Click Internet Options on the Tools menu.

Note: If the “Tools” menu is not displayed, press ALT to display the “Tools” menu.

• Click the Advanced tab, and then browse to the Accelerated graphics section.
  • Click to select the Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering check box.
  • Click Apply, and then click OK.
  • Close all open Internet Explorer 9 windows, and then restart Internet Explorer 9.
  • View the webpage in Internet Explorer 9.

Ensure below steps are also followed:

• Click Internet Options on the Tools menu.
  • Advanced tab.
  • Scroll to multimedia.
  • Check in show pictures.

Awaiting your response!

8 Posts

February 7th, 2013 07:00

None of these worked.  Is there a driver that supports Direct2D from Dell?  Anything?  Dell's the one that started me out with IE7, so maybe Dell should come up with a driver that makes IE9 operational?  Makes me kinda mad . . .

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

February 8th, 2013 10:00

Hi Lita545,

Ideally IE9 works on all the computer and it is faster than older IE. Lets try below mentioned steps which can resolve the issue:

• Click on browse internet explorer.
  • Click on tools, click on adnaced tab.
  • Go to Multimedia.
  • Select show pictures.
  • Click on tools.
  • Click on Manage Add -ons.
  • Enable active X control.
  • update Active X controls.

Awaiting your response!

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

February 8th, 2013 19:00

May we ask what you have for graphics currently? You can find out from Device Manager.

You might try going to Intel's download site and updating your drivers to the latest versions. Also, make sure you have all the Vista updates and service packs applied.

If you want to change to a discrete video card, this is a good budget unit: www.newegg.com/.../Product.aspx

No Events found!