Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 3rd, 2009 19:00

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD issue

Running Win XP Pro SP3 Optiplex 330

Stop error associated > 0x0000000A

Called Dell Support this afternoon, no joy whatsover.

Currently running a hampered OS, that BSOD's randomly.

Suggestions other than HD Wipe appreciated.

Meant that to be posted under desktops //not// Audio, If a Mod could move this to correct location in order for all to see in right category .

4 Posts

August 4th, 2009 08:00

1. Restart the computer.
  2. Once you see the Dell logo but before the Windows XP splash screen appears, tap the key.
    The Windows Advanced Options menu appears. If this dosent works try one more time.
  3. Select Safe Mode with Command Prompt or Safe Mode from the menu, and then press the key.
  4. Log into the system as administrator.
  5. If you are in safe mode then open the command prompt and type command which is given below. If you are in safe mode command prompt then type the command which is given below.
  6. Type C: and press the key.
    The prompt changes to C:
  7. Type CD %windir%\system32\drivers and press the key.
  8. Type REN lvusbsta.sys lvusbsta.bak and press the key.
  9. Type Exit and press the key.
  10. Reboot the system and allow it to boot to Windows XP normal mode.
  11. Download and install the latest Logitech QuickCam drivers from Logitech

94 Posts

August 4th, 2009 09:00

I will try this proposed fix but will create a Restore Point first. I don't understand what Logitech drivers plays into this ?

4 Posts

August 4th, 2009 11:00

Ya sure, Even try to unplug the external devices and reset the BIOS to default setting. Remove all the ram stick and insert one. Turn on the computer and check if you are getting the BSOD again. If you are still getting then remove the stick and insert different stick. Swap the memory sticks. If you dont get the BSOD, turn off the computer and insert the second memory stick. Turn on the computer and check if you are getting BSOD. If you get then its a problem with that paticular memory stick. Check with these steps which is have sent to you. This will resolve the problem for sure

94 Posts

August 5th, 2009 11:00

Dell wants me to run a full system diagnostic, which I will do overnight as I need the machine during the day for business. I am not in a positon to or are willing to swap around parts to resolve a BSOD issue(s) that have been inherent on the box since I took delivery of it.  Chat Seesion Log ID # is 29380189.

I am extremely disappointed with the support that I have recieved from Dell of late regarding this issue, would I buy another Dell machine ? If Dell doesn't make me a happy camper quickly, I may never buy Dell again or recommend Dell to any of my customers.

No Events found!