Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 13th, 2013 09:00

Inspiron 2020-3338BK

My computer will not turn on, the power adapter and power button is flashing, I do not hear any sounds coming from the computer, only the cooling fans comes on but is running very slow. I disconnected each piece of hard ware one piece at a time but the second I connect the power cord the lights start blinking. I did notice an LEED just above where the TV tuning card slot starts flashing at the same time the power button and power cord plug.

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

August 13th, 2013 09:00

Hi jdcremer,

I recommend you to disconnect the adapter, press and hold the power button for few seconds and release to drain the flea power. Now connect the adapter to the computer and check if the computer powers on.

Do you hear any beep code as well?

Did you remove/disconnect all the components from the motherboard and do you still get Blinking Power button?

Also, may I know the status of the power adapter LED?

Awaiting your response!

2 Posts

August 13th, 2013 13:00

Thanks for replying Dell-Rajesh R, I held the power button for 15 seconds with the adapter disconnected, not affective.

There are no sounds coming from the system board at all.

I did remove all the components from the board and the lights still blink.

The power adapter LED blinks in unison with the other lights, but only while connected, it is steady when disconnected. I checked the power output of the power adapter and it is within the printed rating.

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

August 14th, 2013 09:00

Hi jdcremer,

Kindly private message me the service tag of the computer. To private message the service tag click my User name and click Start conversation.

Awaiting your response!

No Events found!