Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 19th, 2012 07:00

Inspiron 2305 All In One unit

Has anyone tried to edit the asset field for this model?

I've spoke with 3 different Dell techs and each solution they gave me  failed. One tech spoke with his supervisor and they said the motherboard was bad. I tried the asset.com utility on a new in box unit and received the same "Asset/Service tag is not supported on this model". 

Dell support really needs to step up and test their solutions before they offer a solution.

-Marcos

6 Posts

May 8th, 2012 09:00

I worked with an upper level Dell tech that worked with his engineers. They were able to find/create an Asset utility for that works on the AIO 2305s. If anyone else is looking for it, I can pass it along. Otherwise elevate, elevate, elevate to your Dell rep for results.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 24th, 2012 17:00

The technicians should have told you that the Asset Tag Utility is not designed to work on Consumer PCs. It is only designed to work on the Client Precision, Optiplex and Latitude lines of PCs.

9 Posts

May 1st, 2015 17:00

Please pass along the utility to <ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy> .  Had to replace motherboard recently and would like to install the correct Inspiron One 2305 Service Tag/Express Service Code.

Thanks!

Bob Lane

No Events found!