Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 23rd, 2011 21:00

Inspiron 2305 stuck on dell screen, Parts on back order for month - empty promises from dell -

My all in one just stopped and refuses to boot. That was on October 25th. Being a month later, I still have a dead computer.  At first they ordered the parts. Then they went to back order. Those parts finally became available. They then contacted me with a second case number, cancelled the first request and put me back into backorder status. At this point (three weeks), they offered me a refurbished model. At wich I reluctantly agreed. Only to get contacted again telling me that they were going to wait for the parts. (no system exchange?). Customer service just informed me that they are pushing me off till the 26th now and yet a third case number? Lets see here the parts are motherboard, connecting sata cable, heatsink w/fan, processor, power cord and kit(?). I have been happy with Dell in the past. But, after this I think Im done with this company. Are they waiting for my warranty to run out?

7 Posts

November 24th, 2011 05:00

Thanks,

This wouldnt be so frustrating if they had kept me up to speed and honestly answered my questions. They told me whatever they had to to get me off the phone. I catch them in half truths about every 2 phone calls. at one point the person told me that the fan was on back order but the heatsink was in. The next rep called me the next day and told me that the the fan and heatsink are all under one part number. on other occasions they just flat out cancelled the service call and started it under a new number, marking the other as closed. Last night I called them again only to get a rep that said his manager refused to get on the phone with me but, he would put in a request for someone to call me in 24-48 hrs. I have never dealt with a company that operates in this manner.

Thank you for your response.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

November 24th, 2011 05:00

Hi Pushedoff,

Wow, sorry to hear about that. Since the issue was created during the warranty period, Dell has no choice but to honor the warranty, although I'm sure all these delays are extremely frustrating.

7 Posts

November 24th, 2011 07:00

Thank you for your suggestion.

Unfortunately, I have went that route already. I have had this escalated three times, only to have the case closed and reopened under a different case number. I filed a complaint with the BBB. I dont think it will matter. But, I'll see. Once again, thank you for your advice.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

November 24th, 2011 07:00

On the main support page is a link to unresolved issues. I suggest you try that, which should escalate your problem and hopefully get things moving along faster.

No Events found!