Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 27th, 2017 15:00

Inspiron 3650 Screen flickers with lines and gray backdrop on boot up - 1 week after warranty expiration

Very frustrated with Inspiron 3650.  1 week after expiration of warranty, screen flickers with lines and gray background and I have to restart.  Originally thought issue with monitor and bought new monitor.  Issues continued.  Received limited help when I called technical service agent.  Told to just try reinstalling drivers, system restart, probably a software issue, etc.  Told any more help would be $150.  

I'm 80 years old on fixed income.  Seeking additional help is difficult.  I'm spreading word to choose other computers than Dell.  

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

October 28th, 2017 11:00

Several threads with similar 3650 video issues in last couple of weeks. May be caused by a recent software update. Search this forum for those threads for some solutions.

Some users fixed the problem by opening Device Manager and rolling back the Intel HD Graphics video driver to the previous version. You'll find a "roll-back" button on the Driver tab when you double-click the Intel HD Garphics entry under Display Adapters in Device Manager.

To be safe, manually set a System Restore point before rolling back the video driver.

No Events found!