Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 24th, 2009 22:00

Inspiron 530s (slime line) Desktop

Would my DELL 0RY007 Motherboard, and everything on it fit perfectly into the case below?

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_31_504&products_id=4970

http://www.coolermaster.com/products/product.php?language=en&act=detail&tbcate=17&id=30

Just strip the case, and take all the guts of the DELL Inspiron 530s and put it in that case.

It's a Mid Tower, Micro ATX / ATX Mobo's.

Reason is, I want to be able to expand to more upgradeable options, such a normal sized graphic cards for example. And no, I am not going for a slime line graphics card. My warranty has already expired, so not an issue on that part. Of course, I'll need a new power supply (Since ones that come with cases are bad). Besides that, I should be able to keep everything else, yes?

Main Issue.

Will the back ports on the computer, the ones that come with the Motherboard, be able to slide out or screw out so I can attach this to the new case so the motherboard ports allign correctly?

Thank you for any help.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

April 24th, 2009 22:00

cmHawky

No, it's a completely proprietary motherboard format that's built to fit the 530s case.

You would need to change the motherboard to use a non-Dell ATX case, plus if a non-Dell motherboard is used, budget for a retail copy of Windows, as Dell's OEM Windows copy is tied to their BIOS.

Bev.

40 Posts

April 26th, 2009 00:00

cmHawky

No, it's a completely proprietary motherboard format that's built to fit the 530s case.

You would need to change the motherboard to use a non-Dell ATX case, plus if a non-Dell motherboard is used, budget for a retail copy of Windows, as Dell's OEM Windows copy is tied to their BIOS.

Bev.

Is it possible that if I buy an empty inspiron 530 case (mid size DELL case) that everything will fit into that?

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

April 26th, 2009 12:00

Is it possible that if I buy an empty inspiron 530 case (mid size DELL case) that everything will fit into that?

cmHawky

Yes, you could use a 530 Mini Tower case, but you should be able to the 530S 0RY007, or 0FM586 motherboard but you would need a new power supply, as the 530s  power supply are made to fit the 530s Dell proprietary case.

A 0FM586 motherboard is the better, as it supports both Quad 4 & Core 2 Duo processors.  The 0RY007 motherboard only supports Core2 Duo processors. 

Bev.

40 Posts

April 26th, 2009 22:00

[quote user="cmHawky"] 

cmHawky

Yes, you could use a 530 Mini Tower case, but you should be able to the 530S 0RY007, or 0FM586 motherboard but you would need a new power supply, as the 530s  power supply are made to fit the 530s Dell proprietary case.

A 0FM586 motherboard is the better, as it supports both Quad 4 & Core 2 Duo processors.  The 0RY007 motherboard only supports Core2 Duo processors. 

Bev.

[/quote]

I'm already using a 0RY007 motherboard, core 2 duo. (if you need cpu-z, I can get the details from that for you).

I already knew that I'd need another PSU, shouldn't be a big problem, any PSU will do.

So, buy an empty 530 mid tower case and everything from the 530slimline will fit it perfectly, on the terms I already got a new PSU + new graphics card?

Motherboard will screw into the case correctly and the back ports of the 530s slides/screws out for the 530 case mobo ports?

I won't buy another motherboard / computer, Make do with what I got.

'yes, you could use a 530' could? Is there a way you can follow that up for me to actually make sure it will fit together?

Thanks.

Edit.

And yes, my warranty is of course no doubt - expired.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

April 28th, 2009 12:00

^bump

I'm seriously expecting an answer, I'm not going to stop unless someone either tells me "yes" or "no" it is or is not possible.

cmHawky

Yes, it is possible, the Dell P/N for 530s and the 530 Mini Tower motherboards are the same.

Bev.

No Events found!