Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 25th, 2015 17:00

Inspiron 560, unknown beep code

Ok, so my computer (dell inspiron 560) blue screened a few times and I took a look at it with Ubuntu in a live environment on a usb and that said the HDD had a bad sector. I also ran a dell system scan on it that turned up nothing. So I went out and got a SSD and re-installed windows 7 and the computer crashed and started beeping (I think it did it a couple of times before I got the SSD too). I can't decipher what the beeping means so if you could take a look at this video (www.youtube.com/watch) and tell me what it means I would be very greatful. I am just at a loss for what the heck is wrong with this thing. for those of you who don't want to read all that. what does this mean ([View:www.youtube.com/watch]). its a video I took with my cell phone (sorry) of the beep code the computer (dell inspiron 560) was giving me.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 26th, 2015 05:00

The blinking amber LED is a generic for "System fails to complete POST". Turn the computer off. Disconnect the power cable from the rear of the computer. Remove and reseat all cards, cables, memory, etc. Retest when done. The beep code is not in our list.

No Events found!