Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 6th, 2012 09:00

Inspiron 570 motherboard 4GJJT sensors

Hi.

I hope to find out a few things here. First, the location of motherboard temperature sensor, which gives command to increase RPM to the exhaust fan, my exhaust fan RPM raises from idle of about 950 to about 1400 under heavy load and it can not cope with risen motherboard temperatures (reached 81 C during 5 minutes of Prime95). I suspecting heatsink right above PCI express slot. If I exchange existing heatsink for  the one with fan would it help to keep motherboard temperature down?

Here is Inspiron 570 4GJJT motherboard:

Here are 2 possible solutions to chipset cooling

Startech.com

Thermaltake

Theoretically, installing any of those would make any difference? I can place something over heatsink which is above PCI slot, not below - Video card covers portion of it.

And the last question, how important motherboard temperature, how much 4GJJT can tolerate, I don't see so many discussions about it over the web and none here. Basically it is all about chipset cooling.

Any suggestions and ideas appreciated, many thanks in advance.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 9th, 2012 05:00

I cannot find where the sensor is located. Is the 570 still under warranty? If yes, we could send out a replacement motherboard.

893 Posts

February 9th, 2012 07:00

Thanks for honest "I cannot find" answer. If you cannot find, no one will as this info is deep inside of MOBO. Yes, my 570 is only 1,5 month old, I registered with Dell, however Dell main support site doesn't recognize my service tag :-(. I purchased it from Best Buy if it really matter. And I doubt that running Prime95 and Intelburn tests are expected from Inspiron 570 user - I put Inspiron through many torture tests, and under heavy loads motherboard temperatures increased to high levels - I don't think it is a MOBO issue, Inspiron 570 was not designed to handle all this. I am just trying to see if I can optimize temperatures inside, except for MOBO temperatures, even my Phenom II X4 965 BE (upgraded from Athlon II x4 250) with after market cooler, temperatures are at upper permitted maximum even with Prime95, only Intelburn is to much.

Just a quick question if you know. Those 2 heatsinks - what they are, as I suspect they have temperature sensors. There is not to much cooling solutions for them, I am getting ready to attempt placing 40mm fan over the one above PCI express slot and see the results, I wish I could find larger heatsink. It is looks like it has 2 pin connection to MOBO, so my choices are limited.

Thanks for reply.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

February 9th, 2012 10:00

You must register if you purchased retail.

You must register product purchased at a BestBuy (not purchased directly from Dell), please go to www.dell.com/register

The process can take up to 10 business days (domestic) and up to 15 business days (international ).

893 Posts

February 9th, 2012 15:00

Yes, my 570 is only 1,5 month old, I registered with Dell, however Dell main support site doesn't recognize my service tag :-(

No offense and I don't want to be rude here but, I If you read the whole thing you can see that I stated that I registered, however when I try to input my service tag into the support search I got this:

Search Results: 
Service Tag(s)  *******1
Processing....
The service tags were not found. 
Please try again later or return to Find and Add Products Now.

And I registered about a month ago. Also, is Inspiron 570 was ever tested with Prime95 and IntelBurn tests? I am afraid no - some people stated here that they had to replace original heatsinks (without upgrading processor) due to high temperatures during testing with Prime95, and IntelBurn test is even worse, I tried for 1 hour or so!

If someone can help me here it would be nice. I tried reregister and I got message that my service tag is already in the system... So go figure it out...

February 3rd, 2014 22:00

The temperature sensors are located in fans that support it. Fan speed control is in the 4th wire if the fan supports it.

Thank You Very Much

No Events found!