Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 19th, 2013 01:00

Latest Nvidia GTS 250 drivers and Skype conflict resulting in BSOD

Hi,

I have a Dimension 9200 Win 7 x64 has been running smoothly for few years.

Windows Update automatically installing a latest update as important for My NVIDIA GTS 250. I am unable to stop it from installing. On each occasion following this driver install, when I go to SKYPE I am getting a BSOD. [V9.8.13.1106] .

NVIDIA driver update for NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

Installation date: ‎19/‎04/‎2013 07:22

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Important

This driver was provided by NVIDIA for support of NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

More information:
http://sysdev.microsoft.com/support/default.aspx

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub

As soon as I roll back to earlier version of display driver in my Device Manager, there is no problem with operating SKYPE. [Driver V9.18.13.697]

Now my difficulty is that I am unable to stop my Windows Update from doing this automatic update of a driver for my NVIDIA Graphic card.

In order to avoid the automatic WU on the driver, I went to Nvidia site and installed the latest for my Win 7 x64  [314.22  V9.18.13.1422] and still I am getting the BSOD when try to connect to SKYPE.

Can some one tell me if there is a problem recognised and if a solution is available.

Regards

April 19th, 2013 02:00

Hi snowshine,

You can hide the update by Windows update - Optional Updates ->  right clicking the NVIDIA update and choose Hide update. Next time windows update wont update your NVIDIA driver

As per the Blue screen - 0x50 - seems to be related to a memory / RAM / Virtual memory problem. BUT...

The file name above the Blue screen 'lvuvc64.sys' suggest that the your logitech webcam is the culprit.

Check: forums.logitech.com/.../770125

FIX: www.logitech.com/.../lws251.exe

Source: logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/.../1

Install the latest logitech webcam drivers.. That should do the trick!

Mark this answer as resolved if this works for you. Others can get the solution. Thanks.

Hi snowshine,

I see that you are already troubleshooting the blue-screen issue. I would suggest you to run the diagnostics using the F12 button at Dell logo during startup to rule out any hardware issues with the system and post the results here. I did some research on the blue-screen error message you are facing and found that the file causing the issue is of Logitech webcam. The issue seems to be with the webcam software/driver. I see that you are also using a Logitech Webcam Pro 9000. You may try uninstalling the webcam software and install the LWS2.31 from Here. You may refer to the thread on logitech website Here.

If you do not want windows updates to update the drivers automatically, you may follow the steps below to disable the automatic windows updates and install the updates manually as per your convenience. 

• Click on Start -> Control Panel -> System and Security -> Turn automatic updating on or off
  • Change the Important updates setting to Manually install the updates
  • Click on Apply and then OK
  • Click on 'Check for updates'
  • Choose the updates to install among the list of updates or you can right click on an update and Hide update if you do not intend to install it.
  • Once you have hidden the update, you may again follow the above steps to enable automatic updates

Hope this helps. Please reply with the findings.

Wow sundeep - we do think alike.. Link posted by me is for version 2.51. Its a much latest version. Its advisable to keep your drivers updated.

2 Intern

• 

1.1K Posts

April 19th, 2013 10:00

Hello guys,

You are correct.

I uninstalled my Webcam Pro 9000 lws 225 and installed the ftp.logitech.com/.../lws227_full.exe.

Afterwards installed the latest Nvidia Driver from Nvidia 314.22 (V9.18.13.1422) and no more BSOD.

I hope it stays that way.

Thank you very much.

April 22nd, 2013 08:00

Hi

@veejdeej

Thank you for helping the customer. I agree with you on keeping the drivers updated as many issues get addressed in new updates.

@snowshine

Glad to know that the issue is fixed. Do get back if you have any further questions. I would be happy to help you.

No Events found!