Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 10th, 2009 11:00

MOM.Implementation

Some site suggested I should update my drivers for my ATI RADEON 2400 PRO. Not realizing I should go back to DELL, which had installed it, rather than the manufacturer, I downloaded drivers from AMD/ATI. I began getting error messages, mostly that MOM.Implementation or one of its dependencies could not be found or loaded. AMD said, "Go to DELL." I uninstalled everything I had downloaded from AMD and successfully downloaded and installed the latest drivers from DELL, but I continue to get the MOM.Implementation error message each time I boot up. (There are some MOM files in the ATI folders that came with the computer, but none is named "MOM.Implementation".) How can I get rid of the error message?

Various forums I have looked at suggest that the problem derives from the Catalyst Control Center, which was not part of the original driver package. But that does not lead to a solution,.

26 Posts

September 10th, 2009 13:00

Hi,

Perform System Restore.

You can got to www.support.dell.com and under drivers and downloads put your service tag and download and install the latest drivers for your video and check. If you just want to disable that error message then click on start and then click on run, type msconfig and click on ok, click on boot and under that uncheck the options related to ATI or the error you are getting (This one is a Quick Fix)

Regards

Dawood

5 Posts

September 10th, 2009 14:00

Thanks for your suggestion. I am unaware of any operational problems (and I have already downloaded the latest drivers from DELL), so I just want to get rid of the error message. But when I got to the boot page, there was nothing but Windows Vista. There were some unchecked options, none apparently related to ATI or the error message. Advanced options were no more useful.

What now?

26 Posts

September 10th, 2009 15:00

Are you able to boot in safemode??

Did you tried system restore?? To perform system restore click on start and in the "START SEARCH" box type "SYSTEM RESTORE" hit enter and a window will open in that window click next and you will get a calander with some dates in bold, click on any of the dates in bold on the calander (make sure that the system was running fine on that date) anc click on ok/next confirm it and the system will restart...

NOTE : IF YOU HAVE INSTALLED ANY SOFTWARES ON THE SYSTEM WILL BE REMOVED AND DOCUMENTS WILL NOT BE DELETED.

Regards

Dawood.

4 Operator

• 

3.7K Posts

September 10th, 2009 15:00

Hi, The last time I had that problem was down to the fact that I did not remove all the old software, which includes the driver, before installing the new software, which includes the driver. Do that, then reboot your system, when you see your screen go a bit wonky, because you do not have a driver installed, then install your new software for your graphics card.

5 Posts

September 11th, 2009 11:00

For Dawood: Thanks very much for your clear suggestions. The error message does not prevent me from booting up in standard mode; I just have to close it each time (and can do so indefinitely if that turns out to be the least objectionable fix). As for System Restore. the last restore point offered is after I initially installed Catalyst Control Center (as part of AMD's driver package). The problem has been with me for nearly a month in one form or another. Too bad I didn't think of System Restore to start with.

For RobinBredin: I did remove all the old software, several times. I did not reboot between removal of old and installation of new. Do you think that would make a difference, given that I have rebooted many times since?

26 Posts

September 11th, 2009 12:00

Hi,

Remove the graphic card and try using onboard video(if available) and see if it makes any difference...

As you mentioned that you cannot boot in normal mode properly so may i know if you are able to boot in safemode??

If yes then uninstall the driver and software from add remove program and restart the system normally... (MAKE SURE ATI CATALYST IS UNINSTALLED)

If its removed then download the latest driver from ATI website and make sure that you download the driver only and not the whole package...

Hope This works.

Regards

Dawood.

5 Posts

September 11th, 2009 13:00

Hi, Dawood,

The error message seems to be gone. I didn't attempt to remove the graphics card (since it came with the computer I'm not sure there is any on-board capability), but I did uninstall the driver and software for the umpteenth time, as well as an ATI Support folder I found in the process that had apparently been added when I first tried to download the driver from AMD. DELL, from which I must get my updates, doesn't offer a driver-only version, but that doesn't seem to have made any difference. I did reboot between uninstallation and installation, as both you and Robin suggested; Rebooting was suggested at the end of the uninstallation, so now I'm not sure whether I had done it before or not.

Thanks to both of you.

LittleSamC

1 Message

October 5th, 2009 07:00

Hi First my machine wouldn't boot up then it would boot slow then they had me wipe it and reinstall original settings. Then I spent 4 hours reinstalling my stuff then they removed my ATI drivers and reinstalled them. Just spent the better part of 4 days on phone with Dell. Machine not even a month old. They ended up telling me to turn off my catalyst control center made the error go away and then they recommended that I not let Windows update. I MEAN ... GIVE ME A BREAK? I have temporarily given up but I am contacted Dell's sales office this machine is 3 weeks old and it has been doing this for at least a week.

2 Posts

November 13th, 2009 20:00

i am having the same problem with my new XPS. And can't seem to fix it following this advice. So I am thinking about sending mine back too as the display system doesnt work right without using the catalyst feature.

No Events found!