Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 8th, 2014 18:00

Microphone receives Speaker output rather than actual input

Hi, I recently purchased this PC from bestbuy: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-xtreme-desktop-8gb-memory-2tb-hard-drive/9244118.p?id=1219007770672&skuid=9244118&sellerId= (I'm still using my old monitor)

I currently use a RealTek microphone which is built into my Dell monitor

Above is a picture of my current microphone settings.

All of the devices are shown, I've checked all of the hidden devices. Only the stereo mix was hidden and it still doesn't work when I enable it.

My issue at hand is that my microphone receives the output of my speakers, but doesn't receive any input. This means my microphone works, it just sends whatever comes out of my speakers to whatever program I'm recording with. The picture also shows that "Listen to this device" is checked off, so that shouldn't be an issue.

This microphone used to work on my old computer which leads me to infer there's something wrong in the wiring in my PC concerning the input/output ports, but I don't really know if that's the case nor do I know how to fix something like that. If anyone knows any type of solution to this problem, I would be more than grateful.

Thanks!

Edit:

Here is a picture of my monitor properties, I don't know where to identify the brand or make; But it's a dell monitor

3 Posts

February 10th, 2014 15:00

Any help at all would be appreciated!

3 Posts

February 14th, 2014 14:00

I still require assistance please!

14.4K Posts

February 14th, 2014 14:00

I would suggest you contact Best buy as this is a forum for Dell systems.

No Events found!