Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 24th, 2010 03:00

Microsoft Sidewinder Joystick

My question applies to game controllers.  I recently purchased a Dell XPS 435T/9000 with an i7 960 Quad Core to replace my 11 year old Compaq that died.  My Compaq did yeoman service for me for more than 11 years; the Compaq I had before that worked as hard for 13 years before it died.  I expect this DEll to last as long or longer.

During configuration and setup of my new Dell I was going through the steps of installing my various applications and games when I encountered a problem I can't find an answer to.

I have a configuration problem with my MS Sidewinder Joystick.  Windows 7 recognizes it and it is listed under "Devices and Printers" as expected; however, under properties there is no method to configure the 8 onboard buttons or the accelerator.  Under XP there was a configuration package, that package doesn't exist in Windows 7; or I can'[t find it if it does.

Anyone out there know how to configure a Sidewinder Joystick in Windows 7? 

Is there a Windows 7 driver available?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

August 24th, 2010 04:00

Did you check the Microsoft site for a driver?  That would be the first place to check.  Given it's age, there may no longer be any drivers that will configure all the buttons for it and if that's the case you will have to look for a new Joystick.

46 Posts

August 24th, 2010 16:00

Hi,

I have a SW 3d Pro joystick, actually three of them, two for parts and the drivers 1.03 version I believe and 3.0 upgrade.

However on a floppy and never could get it to work on my 4.2 Home built or my XPS 9000 Dell running Vista and Win 7.

Get a new joystick.

later

No Events found!