Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 2nd, 2004 00:00

My Computer Freezes too much, need help to fix it

I have a dell dimension 2200 ( i believe) and i havent had it a year yet. i had a problem with it right when i got it, but i thought it might have been me. when the computer is on, it sometimes just freezes and i have to shut it off myself. i have reinstalled windows xp professional many times but nothing seems do anything. i am willing to do it again if a solution is out there. i kind of think it is the harddrive, but tech support has done tests on it with me and it comes up clean. does anyone have any suggestions for this issue?

2 Posts

October 2nd, 2004 01:00

its actually a 2400 series computer.

22 Posts

October 2nd, 2004 06:00

when it comes to freezing, there are only two factors. it could be your operating system or your hard drive. have you tried using the ide drive diagnostics? that is pressing Ctrl+Alt+D all together during the dell log. if it has passed, how bout try running the 32 bit diagnostics on you IDE device. also when reinstalling your operating system it must be a clean installation not just by installing it through windows. so far, replacing the hard drive definitely will get rid of the problem.

22 Posts

October 2nd, 2004 06:00

also in reinstalling windows XP, delete all the partitions in your hard drive and creat a new one. after you have the new raw partition, that is where you install your oprating system
No Events found!