Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 24th, 2011 14:00

My computer has frozen up and the screen went blue and red.

I use my computer every day but it has frozen up a couple times in the last few weeks. The screen goes blue with a little bit of a red plad pattern , if I remember correctly. I know I had to manually shut down the computer. I don't recall any error messages or anything. Thanks :emotion-1:

I hardly know anything about computers. I have a dell studio xps 8100 with windows 7 home premium 64bit. Service pack1. .I have the ATI Radeom HD 5450 graphics card. Intel Core i5 cpu 650 @ 3.20 GHZ. REG . Looks like I have 8 gb of installed memory(ram). I have the compatible dell speakers.. Dell v310-510 series. I have the dell V313w scan and print. I have McAfee security center TOOL and ANTI-MALWARE. Also SUPERAnit-spyware FREE edition, and Malware byte's anti-malware.:emotion-2:

11 Posts

October 24th, 2011 14:00

What do you think it could be ?

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

October 24th, 2011 17:00

Could be any number of things, either hardware or software. Were you doing something specific each time the problem happened, like playing audio or video, surfing the net..?

Reboot and press F12 before Windows starts to load. Go to Utilities partition and run the diagnostic tests, especially video and extended hard drive tests. Copy any error messages.

Open Windows Event Viewer and look for error messages around the time of the last incident. That may tell you something.

Check that the video card fan (if it has one), and all other fans are clean and working.

Check the cable between the monitor and PC.

Can you swap this monitor with one from other PC to see if you still get the problem, or if it occurs on the other PC?

11 Posts

October 24th, 2011 18:00

I will check this stuff out ,

till then .....................................

No Events found!