Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 8th, 2010 19:00

NEED HELP!!! Inspiron 530 motherboard possibly dead. LED - blinking Orange?

Hello everyone,

I have a Dell Inspiron 530.  It no longer boots up. No "beep codes."  The LED on the outside of the power supply faintly blinks green...."FAINTLY!"  The LED on the motherboard itself blinks Amber constantly at the same interval.  I have tried using a different "working" power supply from a different machine...this had no affect.  Reseated the RAM chips...no affect.  The hard drive and dvd drive are unplugged...no affect.  Does this mean my motherboard is dead....should I look for a replacement board?  I can not afford to really upgrade...I just want to try to get this pc back up and running because I don't have a lot of $$$. 

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

March 8th, 2010 20:00

bpm242

Check the colour of the power button LED, is it solid, or blinking?

The Inspiron 530 Troubleshooter and Diagnostic guide, is HERE 

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Bev.

1 Message

August 22nd, 2010 09:00

Hello everyone,

I have a Dell Inspiron 530.  It no longer boots up. No "beep codes."  The LED on the outside of the power supply faintly blinks green...."FAINTLY!"  The LED on the motherboard itself blinks Amber constantly at the same interval.  I have tried using a different "working" power supply from a different machine...this had no affect.  Reseated the RAM chips...no affect.  The hard drive and dvd drive are unplugged...no affect.  Does this mean my motherboard is dead....should I look for a replacement board?  I can not afford to really upgrade...I just want to try to get this pc back up and running because I don't have a lot of $$. 

Did you ever find out what was wrong with your computer? We had a terrible lightning storm last night and I think my father's computer is fried, just not sure what part. We have the exact same issue you described. I haven't tried opening up the computer (mostly because I'm the CS type that can program, but not build, haha), so I haven't messed with anything inside. Just wanted to get a sure idea of what was wrong with it before he takes it to a local computer repair shop.

Thanks!

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

August 22nd, 2010 12:00

cjsousa

Could you please post the computer model and version of windows installed.

Bev.

1 Message

August 23rd, 2010 21:00

I too have a Dell Inspiron 530 with Windows Vista Home Premium. One night I was surfing online when all of a sudden the video froze and went black and the CPU shut down. I then tried to restart and all that happens is the power light is solid amber and the power supply, processor and tower fans are blowing hard and loud.I tried a different video card, I removed the memory (2 sticks) one by one and checked all the connections but nothing. Any suggestions?

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

August 24th, 2010 09:00

DConrad2010

Are there any 'Beeps'?

The Inspiron 530 Troubleshooter and Diagnostic Codes are HERE. <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Try removing the PCIe x16 video card and connect the monitor to the onboard VGA video connector and see if this makes a difference

Bev.

No Events found!