Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 28th, 2009 09:00

NEW XPS 730x Owner's thread

Will float this for 3 months, then start another one.

Dell customer care/service. If already out of warranty, click hereFind your Service Tag
DELL-Chris M
#IWork4Dell

1 Rookie

• 

46 Posts

January 11th, 2010 13:00

Chris I think you should close the other thread. People are stll posting.

97 Posts

January 11th, 2010 22:00

Hi, this is for any 730 owner who has one of this sound cards.

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series - PCI-Express

PCIx being the important issue.

Did you get it with sytstem or did you buy it yourself and install it.

I've posted in anotehr forum, but the guys there have tried to help, but all their suggestions and even ones from Creative as well do not work.

I cannot get this card to be recongised by either version of windows, Win 7 64bit and Vista 64bit or even Vista 32bit on my XPS710 system

Is there some trick to this?  Card has letters XFi on it and they are light up. Tried both PCix1 slots and 2 PCIx16 slots.

Windows will call it High Defination Audio device and of course if I run Creative drivers install software it doesn't find any comptable device. I've tried the drivers off the cd and also from their site  version XFTI_PCDRV_LB_2_17_0007. I have manually tried to install drivers, that is where you choose under device manager to locate drivers your self and click on have disk, when I do that, Windows calls it Creative Xfi Audio Processor (WDM) but device still will not work and Windows says that driver is not supported.  I wonder for any with one of these cards, what driver version you have install?

TIA

Phil

191 Posts

January 11th, 2010 23:00

Does anyone (PH3NOM?) know if the H2C cooling will work on another motherboard ? I'm currently thinking of changing the board because 6GB isn't happening! 

Thanks guys, any input as to whether i'll need a new cooler would be appreciated. 

XPS 730x H2C 

Yes you can use the Dell H2C with other MOBO.  Only problem is the NSB chipset waterblock cooler.

22 Posts

January 15th, 2010 21:00

So the pump and all can be controlled by a third party MOBO? Also, what happens if the southbridge cooler doesn't fit? Can I let it hang loose ? 

Thanks. 

14 Posts

January 18th, 2010 20:00

Hi

The RL of the xps 730x is an insult to the cooling is very poorly designed, if you decide to change the motherboard also changes the rl. there are space in the box and can operate of the motherboard you choose..

Jonako

22 Posts

January 19th, 2010 07:00

If u don't mind me asking, what does RL stand for?

15 Posts

January 20th, 2010 14:00

Chris,

On new XPS 730x the bios version is 1.1.5. On the web the latest bios is 1.0.5.

Can you please comment?

chi09es.

15 Posts

January 20th, 2010 15:00

Eagle,

There is no 1.0.6 for the XPS730x the latest on the web is 1.0.5.

There is a 1.0.6 for the XPS 730 (without the x). That is a totally different maching with different mobo and bios. The 730x has a MSI mobo with and AMI bios, the 730 is nVidia.

chi09es.

39 Posts

I would like an answer too.  I just checked and I see that right now there is a version 1.06 available.  It SAYS that this version was made available on 4/27/2009.  I have checked this regularly and I have not seen it here before.  What gives??

Eagle Hill

39 Posts

You are right, I noticed the difference after I had already posted.  In your earlier posting you said " on new XPS 730X the bios version is 1.1.5"  Where exactly are you getting that?  Is Dell still producing an XPS 730x?

Eagle Hill

15 Posts

January 20th, 2010 16:00

I have been informed by someone who had a motherboard replaced recently. Surprisingly the bios version of the new board is not 1.0.5 but 1.1.5. I am sure Chris can tell us more about this.

chi09es.

39 Posts

January 20th, 2010 16:00

I guess the next question would be, does his/her system boot any faster than ours with version 1.0.5?  Are there other differences, and/or is the MBO the same as ours?

Eagle Hill

15 Posts

January 21st, 2010 10:00

I have been able to take a look at this "new" bios file and it is not new at all, but it exactly the same as the 1.0.5. Sorry!

chi09es.

January 21st, 2010 11:00

Has anyone else been having issues with their CAB-200 unit not working under Windows 7 x64?  It worked just fine when I first upgraded and at some point in the past couple months (not sure exactly when because I don't use it too often) the card reader portion of the CAB-200 lost its drivers.  When I pop open device manager, I have a few of the warnings and it says something to the effect of not being able to find drivers for the bluetooth device.

I can't seem to locate any working drivers... any ideas?  I've done a few searches and it seems like other people are having the same problem, but I haven't seen anyone with a solution yet.

39 Posts

January 21st, 2010 11:00

That's too bad.  The bigger shame is that Dell seems to have completely ignored our pleas for a new BIOS that would give us a faster boot, etc.   After dropping $6K on this system from Dell I feel just a little bitter about their lack of response on this issue.  Nothing that hasn't been said before..

Eagle Hill

No Events found!