Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 4th, 2009 16:00

Need Help with my deminsion 2400

Hey, I need some help here I recently installed Windows xp on my computer after it crashed and now even though I have a Belikin wireless antena whick tells me I have a good conection I can not get online, I have been forced to use my roomates computer to try and fix this problem,  When I installed the new windows it wiped out all of my old installed drivers so I am working from scrath so if anyone out there could tell me how and what driver to install to be able to get back online I would be grateful!!

4 Operator

• 

3.7K Posts

April 4th, 2009 16:00

Hihappyholmes, What may have happened here, you may have installed the drivers in the wrong order. If you install out of order, then the setup will fail. HERE is an support journal on XP drivers, and their order of install. Remember your drivers have to go on before any 3rd party software, also the only items you should have connect to the system  when you reinstall your OP, are your mouse and keyboard.

25 Posts

April 4th, 2009 17:00

You said you have a BELken adapter, that you can't get online, go to My Network PLaces, Netwrok Connections, and see if there is a Wireless Network Connection. Sam

Dell Dimension 5150/E510

Dell Dimension 2400

Dell Dimension 4500s

Dell Dimension 4600

No Events found!