Highlighted
Not applicable

New XPS 730 - Nvidia GTX 280 Video card problem!

Hello, I recently bought a Dell XPS 730 Desktop.
It arrived at my door just yesterday and worked fine until today.
I didn't overclock anything/mess around with BIOS, but today my video card's fan is not working.
The light on my video card indicates that its recieving power, but the fan is not working.
I am pretty sure it is fitted in correctly, as the fan starts spinning for about a second before my entire
system shuts down automatically. Then when I boot it up again the fan doesn't spin at all. Please help,
I just got this system yesterday and I'm out of ideas! Is the video card defective??
edit: I also plugged the video card into all my PCIE slots but it still doesnt work.
I've also noticed that my fans are going @ 100% suddenly, it was very quiet yesterday.

P.S.
I'm calling XPS support but they said they are having technical difficulties and they can't take calls right now.. =( 

Message Edited by pfk12345 on 09-17-2008 04:40 PM
Message Edited by pfk12345 on 09-17-2008 04:44 PM
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
8 Krypton

Re: New XPS 730 - Nvidia GTX 280 Video card problem!

Since this is a new system, the best option is to call Dell support.  If there is a faulty part only Dell support can take care of that problem.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with Gigabyte Designare Z390,  i7 8700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.6 Pro Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719DGF Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos