Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 9th, 2017 10:00

No audio at all

I now have no audio on my computer at all.  I checked to make sure I wasn't muted.  I have no sound on internet, ITunes, or disc.  I switched out speakers for headphones and made sure I clicked headphones on the audio pop-up that comes onscreen when you plug something in. I've tried everything I can think of. While trying to find out what was wrong I noticed an icon on my desktop for an app I hadn't ordered (some kind of 3-D photo app by Nvidia).  Probably has nothing to do with my audio problems but who knows? Please help!

22 Posts

February 9th, 2017 11:00

try updating the audio drivers. click on windows and right click on my computer/my pc, click on manage. on the window that comes up click on device manager, under audio input and output right click on speakers and update the driver software. or alternatively, you can right click on the volume icon on the bottom right next to the time and date and click on troubelshoot sound problems.

532 Posts

February 9th, 2017 12:00

Hi Martin,

Welcome to our community.

The steps suggested by Hamza Yakub is absolutely right. Please try the steps suggested and let us know the outcome.

February 9th, 2017 13:00

I found out the hard way that this is the correct answer.  I got on Dell.com and got a customer service number, called it and supposedly because my computer was out of warranty I was charged 129.00 to fix the problem only to find out that this was all that was wrong.  I'm now pretty sure I went to the infamous fake Dell site by mistake and was "serviced" by the fake Dell service people.  You wouldn't happen to know if 800 822-6031 is a legitimate Dell phone number, would you?

532 Posts

February 9th, 2017 16:00

The number “800 822-6031” is not a Dell contact number.

No Events found!