Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 20th, 2015 14:00

No sound to external speakers after Windows 10 update

Looks like I am not alone.  

Updated to Windows 10 and now have no sound to my external speakers. The only way I can get sound to the speakers is to connect to the front port for headphones.  Seems to me that these brain surgeons should go back to brain ***.   Anyone have any solutions?  Tried updating drivers and everything is up to date?!?!

1.2K Posts

October 21st, 2015 03:00

Hi,

I would ask you to provide some more information.

*Check in the device manager if any driver is listed with any errors.

*Confirm as to which is the system model.

*Also which was the previous version of windows installed and how was the upgrade performed.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Have a good day ahead!

Regards,

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

October 21st, 2015 08:00

Audio Drivers are an issue with Older Systems.  They often need Directx and legacy direct play re installed.This is true for windows 7 8 and 10.

4 Posts

October 22nd, 2015 09:00

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for your response,

The Desktop is a Dell Studio XPS 435mt.  Updated to Widows 10 from Widows 7.  Have since run Driver diagnostics to no avail.  Device Manager shows no errors.  Volume is still low on external speakers from rear port.  Works fine from front headphone port.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

October 22nd, 2015 10:00

Does your XPS435 / 9000 have a soundblaster or integrated Audio?In either case you need to install the OEM drivers.

Creative Labs PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Application Dell ISV certified driver View details

R222884.zip | Hard-Drive (285 MB)
Audio |
Release date 14 Aug 2009

1 Message

October 22nd, 2015 22:00

I am in a similar situation although I'm not getting sound anywhere and the machine says that everything is functioning as it should.  What's wrong?

November 16th, 2015 10:00

Jennifer, I Ihave  XPS ONE 2710 and did the upgrade to windows 10 and no I have no sound I checked my drivers the are ok no problems there what else can i do?

1.2K Posts

November 16th, 2015 18:00

Hi @Bowhuntress,

In this situation certain drivers are missing ,can you confirm if you have tried the steps suggested by me above and also the ideas mentioned by @Speedstep.

Regards,

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

November 17th, 2015 03:00

The audio drivers are not the specifc oem version for your model.

November 12th, 2017 11:00

Oh, I should also mention that I am only getting a "Stereo" setting when I need 2.1

November 12th, 2017 11:00

I am having a similar issue. I have the Dell A225 Speaker System and ever since I installed Windows 10 the sound comes ONLY from the powered subwoofer and it's *** me off.

It's a one jack connection in the back that has always worked just fine. I turn the power to it by the power slider on the top of one of the speakers and yet now the sound just comes out of the subwoofer. Has anyone else had this issue?

No Events found!