Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 19th, 2012 13:00

No video on my desktop monitor

I have Dell Dimension 4550 with a NVIDIA Ge Force FX5200 AGP8x. I cannot recive video to my monitor. only the following message "DSUB Power saving mode"

The diagnostic lights show Y-G-Y-G and when started the computer i can hear 6 bips. It seems the problem is confined to the video card. Since I cannot run the diagnostic because I have no video, I don't know what to do

Anyone can helpme? It would be appreciste it to receive any comment to my email address [Admin Note: Email removed per TOU] I'm not familiar how to retrive messages via the forum. I am just new member. Thank you for any help.

5 Posts

November 19th, 2012 14:00

• Bad and or Damaged Ram.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim4550/advanced.htm

Memory modules are detected, but a memory configuration or compatibility error exists.

• Be sure that there are no special memory module/memory connector placement requirements.
  • Verify that the memory modules that you are installing are compatible with the computer.
  • If the problem persists, see "Contacting Dell" in the Dell Owner's Manual for instructions on obtaining technical assistance.

Try testing each ram stick 1 at a time.

When done install in pairs.

You can do 1 or 2 or 4 but not 3.

This is not what customer was talking it he has an issue with Y-G-Y-G which is related to "Video controller failed to initialize or respond ". Here is the Image for reference:

If the computer has a video card, remove the card and reinstall it.
If the problem persists or the computer has integrated video, see "Contacting Dell" in the Dell Owner's Manual for instructions on obtaining technical assistance.

Arturo,

Reseat the Video card and check if it works fine

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

November 19th, 2012 13:00

• Bad and or Damaged Ram.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim4550/advanced.htm

Memory modules are detected, but a memory configuration or compatibility error exists.

• Be sure that there are no special memory module/memory connector placement requirements.
  • Verify that the memory modules that you are installing are compatible with the computer.
  • If the problem persists, see "Contacting Dell" in the Dell Owner's Manual for instructions on obtaining technical assistance.

Try testing each ram stick 1 at a time.

When done install in pairs.

You can do 1 or 2 or 4 but not 3.

5 Posts

November 20th, 2012 17:00

Unfortunately no

The problem was with the video card and I had to replace it

Thank you anyway

5 Posts

November 20th, 2012 17:00

You did answer my quuestion but it did no work. I had to replace the card.

Thank you very much for your cooperation

5 Posts

November 20th, 2012 18:00

I followed all the steps but it did not work. The video card has to be replaced

Thank you anyway

No Events found!