Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 20th, 2015 11:00

Optiplex 760 Minitower

I have a optiplex 760 Minitower that is having what I believe a power issue. When I press the power button on the computer the 3 diagnostic light lights up and goes out if I release the power button. There is no amber or green on the power button itself. The amber light on the motherboard is lit up inside the computer but appears to be pulsing. I have tried new power cords and different outlets. Is this a power supply or motherboard issue?

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

July 20th, 2015 12:00

Sounds like you diagnosed correctly--the power supply has failed. The manual here has some info you can use--

http://downloads.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_optiplex_desktop/optiplex-760_Service%20Manual_en-us.pdf 

The first few tips here--

If the power light is off, the computer is either turned off or is not receiving power. ¡ Reseat the power cable into both the power connector on the back of the computer and the electrical outlet. ¡ If the computer is plugged into a power strip, ensure that the power strip is plugged into an electrical outlet and that the power strip is turned on. ¡ Bypass power protection devices, power strips, and power extension cables to verify that the computer turns on properly.

No Events found!