Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 15th, 2013 07:00

Optiplex 9010 Desktop can't extend displays

Hi,

I have a brand new Optiplex 9010 desktop with AMD Radeon HD 7570 video card and can't extend my desktop in my two Dell 2412M monitors.  I can see the second monitor when I try to extend the display but I get a pop-up saying that I can't save the settings.

I enabled the multi-display option from the BIOS and still nothing.  Uninstalled the drivers, re-installed the drivers and nothing.

Not even the AMD's Catalyst software shows anywhere for me to make changes.

I am using an DVI splitter out of the DVI output from my video card.

My specs:

Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.40 GHz

Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit

AMD Radeon HD 7570

Thanks for the help in advance,

Carlos

April 16th, 2013 08:00

Rajath,  finally got it resolved:  

1. used the AMD clean up utility (Catalyst software never installed correctly, so I had no access to the software suite).

2. restarted the machine in safe mode and uninstalled the Radeon HD 7570 from the device manager

3. started up the PC regularly and installed the Beta driver from AMD as administrator.

After i did those steps i had access to both monitors (primary monitor connected to AMD video card thru DVI and secondary monitor connected thru VGA in the integrated card).

I might have been lucky but somehow that worked.

April 15th, 2013 08:00

Rajath,

Thanks for the reply.  I connected my second monitor to the integrated VGA port, and still can't extend the desktop.  Same pop-up shows up, "Unable to save display settings".

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

April 15th, 2013 08:00

Hi Carlos,

I appreciate your efforts to fix the issue and suggest you to connect a monitor to the integrated VGA port, the second to the DVI port and check if you can extend the display.

Please let me know about your findings.

April 16th, 2013 07:00

Anything else that I can try?  These desktops are for CCTV and it's super important that I resolve this issue.  

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

April 16th, 2013 08:00

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for your reply and for providing an update on the status. I suggest you to reduce the resolution of the primary display(in Catalyst Control Center) and check if you can extend the display.

Please let me know about your findings.

2 Posts

February 24th, 2015 17:00

I have a similar problem.  Dell OptiPlex 3010, Windows 7, AMD Radeon HD 7470 display. Trying to connect a second Dell monitor from older OptiPlex. When I try to extend the display, it says "Unable to save display settings." I have the second monitor connected as a VGA. Do I need some additional adapters?

No Events found!