Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 24th, 2009 13:00

Order Status, is this normal? Scammed?

I ordered an item Friday morning but I never received a confirmation mail saying I bought the item. Also, when I try to check the order status from the Dell website, it says "no recent orders have been made." However, I check my credit card bill online, I've been charged for the item. Does it usually take a few days for them to process the item and send me the confirmation mail?? Or did I just get scammed by Dell???

482 Posts

January 24th, 2009 20:00

Hello j5tar,

Welcome to the forums.  It can take 24-48 hours for the Dell order systems to update what you see online.  In the past when I have ordered items, frequently they are in my hand before the tracking number shows up in my Dell online account.  That seems to be pretty standard now days.  The shipping dept is generally really good, but posting to your account can take some time.

Hang in there and give your Dell account until Tuesday or Wednesday to post.  If you ordered next day or second day delivery, you will probably have it in your hands by then.

Enjoy your machine,

Darrell WV

2 Posts

January 25th, 2009 01:00

Thanks Darrell, I'll wait until Monday see what happens. The only thing I am worrying about is that I never received a confirmation mail nor order history to prove that I bought something from Dell and it's been over 48 hours already. However, there is still a charge on my credit card. So I hope I don't get charged for nothing.

Also, I've bought stuff from Dell before and they usually send an confirmation e-mail immediately after the purchase. This time, it's been 2 days and still no e-mail.

No Events found!