Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 5th, 2014 06:00

Out of the Box (2) Optiplex 3020 Display Port does not work.

I am trying to setup Dual screens on a brand new 3020, I have a DVI to display port adapter plugged into the display port  going to a dvi cable to a monitor and a vga cable from the mobo to the monitor, I am only getting Video on the VGA. If i go into the display properties It see both monitors. The DVI monitor is just staying black and the power light is amber. I have 3020 Configured this way that work. I have had a new mother board from dell put in, I have flash the bios up to A05 updated video and chipset drivers, I even tried rolling the bios back to A02 because the machine that is working with the dual screens has A02 on it.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

November 5th, 2014 14:00

Hi 2_tall_kris,

Have you called Dell? Because all I see is their KB article to update the BIOS to A02.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

November 5th, 2014 15:00

If I may...

Have you gone into BIOS setup (reboot and press F2) and enabled the Multi-Display setting? It's Disabled by default.

Power off and disconnect the second monitor, leaving the VGA monitor connected to the onboard video connector. Then reboot and enable Multi-Display in BIOS setup. Save the change and after it boots, power down normally and finally connect the DVI monitor.

Should work now...

No Events found!