4 Tellurium

Re: Penth4 3.73mhz precessor

Well I cannot upgrade to a AMD Processor. I would have to buy a different system.Smiley Mad Yep AMD is best for gaming.

Message Edited by rick000 on 09-16-2005 03:58 PM

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

well lets push it a little bit more ...

Who's the best computer manifactuer ? Dell , AAC , Alienware , Voodoo ?
Not just Component wise (Component can be found anywhere) , look and service too .
0 Kudos
4 Tellurium

The next computer I get will be Alienware. Not sure about the others.
0 Kudos
4 Tellurium

Alienware's are nice, but way overpriced. Dell's are mainstream consumer PCs and their bottom line is cost efficiency. They are not out to have the highest end, most hardcore system. ibuypower.com is currently one of the best priced computer manufacturers that uses third party, name brand components. Companies like Alienware, voodoo, and Falcon make nice stuff, but you pay such a high premium for what you get it hardly seems worth it.

Message Edited by drew-and-not-u on 09-16-2005 09:05 PM

0 Kudos
4 Tellurium

drew-and-not-u Nicely said. Might change my mind. 
0 Kudos
5 Tungsten

if i ever got the money i would get one of these, Hey wait these look cheaper than Alienware,
http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/20050906/index.html
0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Or maybe a "do-it-yourself" computer. Just pick the parts and put them together. You save lot of $$ !

... that was my computer 4y ago. But i have to admit, i had a bad experience. I found myself with a confilct between my AMD, Video card and Chipset (AMD 1gig, ATI Radeon and Asus Motherbord w/chipset VIA). Took me a few days to solve that. Call me Mr.Bad luck.
0 Kudos
5 Tungsten

well. ATI+Via+AMD=Haha you gotta be kidding
0 Kudos
5 Iridium

That's a really weird combo.

Usually, a person chooses AMD, nVidia chipset, nVidia video.
0 Kudos
5 Tungsten

AMD+Nvidia+ATi=Yee Haw
0 Kudos