Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2008 19:00

Problems with email & messages not being sent

I have problems lately with email not being sent out. It's still in my outbox. I tried replying to a message, and it went to my outbox. So, I tried sending her just a new email to see what would happen, and again it went to my outbox. Both mails are still sitting there. This problem has been going on for 2 days now.

When I got this XPS pc last year, the Dell tech set me  up with "Microsoft Office Outlook" for some reason or another. I forgot. Every now and then it wants to download my archives, (which I have no idea what it is) but it won't download.  And now I have this email outbox issue. My ISP is insightbb.com, in which they have webmail. My emails go to "Microsoft Office Outlook" and doesn't show up or go to my webmail there. If I want to convert it back to webmail, how do I do this~? I do like the calendar on Microsoft Office and use it a lot.  Thank you.

2.3K Posts

July 29th, 2008 19:00

For your webmail to connect to and sync in Outlook you need the "Outlook Connector":

http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7aad7e6a-931e-438a-950c-5e9ea66322d4&displaylang=en

Before you install this, delete your email account in Outlook.  After you install it, use Outlook Connector from the toolbar in Outlook to setup your email account again.  That will also resolve your Outbox issues and sync your addressbook and calendar in outlook with your online webmail.

Peace

17 Posts

July 30th, 2008 00:00

Don't you or anyone else have a suggestion of why my outbox isn't sending messages & how I can resolve that issue~?

2.3K Posts

July 30th, 2008 01:00

Ever since the release of Outlook 2007 M$ has had issues with WebMail integratiation, hence their offering of a connector.  Before I installed the Outlook Connector I too had issues with emails stuck in outbox... but worse yet, I had issues with multiple emails being sent out.

I called M$ tech support, and they are the ones who suggested I use their connector.

You also might wish to post about your issues in the Software section (MS Office/Works) here:

http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board?board.id=sw_office2000

And maybe someone else familiar with insightbb could assist you revert back.

Peace

17 Posts

July 30th, 2008 01:00

Looks like now my messages got sent, but does anyone know why they didn't~? Is anyone here on insightbb.com~? Do you know how I can convert my email back to insightbb.com~? Thanks.

182 Posts

July 30th, 2008 06:00

the main question is,

What is your email account?

are you using webmail and trying to use outlook to deal with that (if that case try connecting to IMAP to get your emails)

or if you are using a normal SMTP / POP3 account, you need to know the settings of said account.

I would check your settings from within outlook.

need to check you SMTP address, a very quick check says it should be mail.insightbb.com

outgoing port should be 25

The above will only work when connecting to insightbb directly.

If you need to get your emails from another computer, not conneted by insightbb, you need to change the settings.

follow

http://www.insightcom.com/help-bb-7146.htm

If you have any problems, please advise on how you are connecting, the settings you are using (mius the username and password of casue :)

Andy

17 Posts

July 30th, 2008 20:00

What is your email account?

insightbb.com, which uses webmail. I am not using outlook, but microsoft office outlook. I believe there is a difference. The Dell tech set me up on it for some reason, as I mentioned.  I do not know what "IMAP", "SMTP" is. I do not know how to check my settings. I also don't know what port 2 5 is either.  I do know a lot about pc's but  not of what you've mentioned.

182 Posts

July 31st, 2008 06:00

Hello

Outlook, or microsoft outlook or microsoft office outlook, are all the same thing, 

open up your version of outlook, and goto Help, and then about.

please advise what version of outlook you are using.

then i will be able to talk you through checking the settings.

most if not all internet ISP will offer some type of webmail, as long with normal email.

i have a look at insightbb.com and i got the settings needed to seup your outlook to check email from your computer.

Also, you say you get a pop asking you to auto archiv, you will get this pop up every 14 days, it is a tool from within outlook, it backups your old emails to another PST file, default settings are every 14 days, and any email 6 months or older.

this is a option you can turn off, (unless you want to use it of casue)

But please let us know what version of outlook you are using, and i will do a step by step guide to check the settings.

Andy

182 Posts

July 31st, 2008 07:00

Ok, i have quickly done this list to check outlook 2002/2003 and 2007

THIS IS FOR Outlook 2002 / 2003

Open outlook

1)    goto the "tools" menu, and select Email accounts.
2)    select "View or change existing e-mail accounts" and click NEXT
3)    Select your account in the list, i am hoping their is only the one here, but you may have a few, you will need to select the one for insightbb.com
4)    after selecting the correct account, click onto CHANGE
5)    In this list, it will should you various details.

The things you need to check is.

Email address             - make sure this is correct (username@insightbb.com)
    Incoming Mail server POP3    - this should be - mail.insightbb.com
    Outgoing mail server (SMTP)    - this should be - mail.insightbb.com

Username             - check to see correct
    password            - check to see correct

6)    after checking the above, click "MORE SETTINGS"

7)    click onto "OUTGOING Server" Tab and is the requires authentication ticked or unticked

8)    click onto the "COnnection" tab and you should have connect using my local area network selected

9)    click onto the "Advance" tab what port numbers are you using?, should be 110 for pop3 and 25 for SMTP.

10)    click OK, then NEXT, and then FINSHED

182 Posts

also, when you say the message are not send, why?

what does outlook tell you,

do you get any error messages, warning etc?

also, on the bottom right side of outlook, what does it say? (connected, disconnected, error, offline etc)

we need, to check a lot of settings to see what is going on, but i cannot tell you where the settings are unless you tell us what version of outlook you are using.

Thanks

182 Posts

THIS IS FOR Outlook 2007

Open outlook

1)    goto the "tools" menu, and select Account Settings.

2)    Select your account in the list, i am hoping their is only the one here, but you may have a few, you will need to select the one for insightbb.com
3)    after selecting the correct account, click onto CHANGE

4)    In this list, it will should you various details.

The things you need to check is.

Email address             - make sure this is correct (username@insightbb.com)
    Incoming Mail server POP3    - this should be - mail.insightbb.com
    Outgoing mail server (SMTP)    - this should be - mail.insightbb.com

Username             - check to see correct
    password            - check to see correct

5)    after checking the above, click "MORE SETTINGS"

6)    click onto "OUTGOING Server" Tab and is the requires authentication ticked or unticked

7)    click onto the "COnnection" tab and you should have connect using my local area network selected

8)    click onto the "Advance" tab what port numbers are you using?, should be 110 for pop3 and 25 for SMTP.

09)    click OK, then NEXT, then FINSHED and then CLOSE

let me know, what you find out.

Andy

No Events found!