Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 10th, 2009 12:00

R5400 with FX-100

I own a Dell Presicion R5400 with remote access device FX-100. The system is inside a LAN and i 'm able to work with it quite nice. The performance of the remote host card is impressive, i don't have freezes or anything else accept:

1st. the power button on the FX-100 is not able to power on the R5400 (i have the machine 2  months now and dell could not give me an answer for that). The R5400 has 3 network cards on it (2 onboard and the 3rd i order it by mistake because when i asked them on Dell Greece they said that it has only one network card. The NIC lights on host card on R5400 with whatever bios configuration, when the system is off are not active. The lights on NIC card 1 are on, bust still i cannot wake the system with wake on lan from another PC on the network.

2nd. Anything i plug on the usb ports (and i mean something that requires USB 2.0 like usb hard drive, memory stick, ...) the balloun tip on windows xp SP3 says tha i plugged it on a non high speed port (the network is 100MB/s Lan). And the worst of all is my new web cam logitech sfere AF with its refusing to work because it says that they is not enough USB bandwidth and it needs 74% to work, and the only things that exists beside the web cam, is the mouse and the keyboard (both the simple models from Dell).

Any ideas? someone that has the same machine and its working?

2 Posts

March 27th, 2009 15:00

...ok problem solved....

after 3 months dell decided to replace the host card and the motherboard.  So the power button is working now on my FX-100.

the 2nd problem doesn't has a solution. The usb hub on the remote access device FX-100 is USB 1.1 . (c'est la vie) .

No Events found!