Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 8th, 2016 15:00

Reasons for Inspiron 620s not turning on all of a sudden?

Hello guys, nice to meet you all. New here.

So I thought maybe someone could have the knowledge to deal with this issue I am having. This DELL Inspiron 620s my uncle has, stopped working all of a sudden. I did most of the diagnostics like memory, removing front usb panel cables (as suggested in another thread) and even the "paper clip test". But so far I believe it's the power button.

I read that the green light on the PSU = to good condition, so all results of diagnostics gave green light. However I am not sure about the amber color mobo light as I suppose it's to tell if it has power or simply "saying" there is a hardware problem (be it mobo, or cards).

He did tell me he kinda yanked out the cables of the desktop without properly shutting it down in a rushing attempt to get it to me quick (mother's day reunion) as I was originally going to do something else with it. So I believe it just pretty much messed up the system overall.

Any help is greatly appreciated and once again it was pleasure to meet you all!

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 12th, 2016 14:00

Unplug the power cord. Remove all memory and cards from the motherboard. Reseat all cabling you see. Then reconnect the cord and power on and tell us what beeps you hear.

No Events found!