Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

May 8th, 2007 22:00

Recurring USB port Failures on DIM E520

Has anyone experienced a USB port failure (stoppage) on a Dimension E series computer where the only fix is to shut down the system and unplug the power cord?    This randomly occurs about once every 10 days or so.
Thanks. 

May 14th, 2007 12:00

Hi..
What usb port's have u connected to the system , & is there any usb devices that is connected to front Usb port's of ur computer tower
Regards, Robin

May 14th, 2007 17:00

Hi !
 Thanks for checking into this for me.  The only items hooked to the USB ports are the mouse and
 keyboard.  They are not hooked to any ports on the front of the machine.  At present they are in the
 first 2 USB slots, but I have moved them between the other available slots when they lock up.  The
 only consistent method of getting them unlocked involves powering down, disconnecting the power cord, and then restarting.  Then it works fine until the next lock up which seems to average about 10
 days or so.

1 Message

January 16th, 2008 23:00

I'm having the same issue.  Only have a mouse and keyboard connected to the back USB.  Tried a new poser cord and CAT5 and doesn't seem to help. It will work for a day or so and then freeze up. 
No Events found!