Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 18th, 2016 17:00

(Redirected) Two hard drive failures in a week and Dell refuses to replace the computer - only months old

I bought an XPS 8900 for Christmas - I work from home and teach online - computer engineering and databases no less.

So I now have an 850$ boat anchor on my hands.  Hard drive died a week ago - Dell sent onsite tech to replace.  Guy took 5 minutes, said You'll be fine. Thing died in about 10 minutes, saying "Windows could not complete the installation."   Rinse and repeat - second hard drive installed today - Guy took 5 minutes, said "You'll be fine."  Thing died again after 5-10 minutes.  "Windows could not complete the installation."

The first failure, Dell supervisor in India (surprise, surprise), said they would replace my computer - well I guess Dell allows their supervisors to lie through their teeth.   After FOUR HOURS ON THE PHONE after the second drive failure with Dell (guess where folks ???) the tech person finally threw up their hands - they could not figure out what was going on.

I am now told to JUST PUT IT IN A BOX and send it to the address I'm supposed to receive in an email.  They will Repair it AND SEND IT BACK TO ME.  This company and their tech support is an absolute joke.

I Will NEVER EVER EVER buy another Dell.  Period.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

July 19th, 2016 14:00

Best to post this in the Customer Care Forum, here:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/customercare/f/4674.aspx

Bev.

8 Posts

July 19th, 2016 13:00

Still on the phone with Dell - they are refusing to send me print out information on the people I have talked to and what they have promised.  Am waiting on the line (1/2 hour now) to talk to a supervisor.  Will update this discussion as I go along.

8 Posts

July 19th, 2016 13:00

They keep telling me they are sending me an email telling me where to send the computer to and it will take 24 hours to get that email to me.

They told me this the first time 24 hours ago.  Still no email.

No Events found!