Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 11th, 2013 15:00

S2340L stuck in power saving mode

Please can someone help with my new S2340L computer keeps getting stuck and says entering power saving mode. I have to turn off on hard drive as cannot seem to revive it any other way. what is going wrong. Brand new computer

1.3K Posts

May 11th, 2013 21:00

Hi Joxfox,

The monitor may enter the power save mode when it does not get enough power for its operations.

You may try to re-seat the monitor cable and ensure the connections are secure. You may also try to swap the ends of cable or try a different good-known cable and check if the issue persists. If it does, as a last resort you may try to reset the monitor to factory defaults. For more information on this, you may refer to the manual of the monitor by clicking on the link below:

http://dell.to/YNLhL9

Once the system has booted to the desktop, please check the link mentioned below for changing power options. Since you have not mentioned the computer model or operating system, the link is for Windows XP.

http://bit.ly/14enMJq

Another possible cause of the same issue might be the video drivers of your computer. Please let me know the computer system model and operating system so that I may assist you further.

Please reply if you have any further queries.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

1.3K Posts

May 14th, 2013 23:00

Hi Joxfox,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond to my post.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

1 Message

June 17th, 2016 06:00

Hi I am experiencing the same now and then...using Mac OS X El Captain

1 Message

February 11th, 2017 06:00

Did you get a solution for this problem? I have the same problem,, on elcappitan ,now sierra

No Events found!