Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 25th, 2014 04:00

Samsung SSD PM830 mSATA 32GB about to fail in XPS one27 All in One, how do I replace SSD drive for Intel RST ?

I own an XPS One27 All in One in Win 7 Ultimate.

RST is saying that my 32gb SSD drive is about to fail and I have to keep going in to reset it, then it errors again.  Do I need to use RST for acceleration on the XPS one27 AIO or is there a safe way of switching it off?  Alternatively how easy is it to replace?

thanks in advance for any advice - James - UK

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

April 28th, 2014 11:00

Hi James,

I would suggest that you run the diagnostics on the computer by following the steps mentioned in the video below and check if there is any issue with the hardware on your system.

http://dell.to/164l6g4

Please let me know the findings.

5 Posts

January 31st, 2015 02:00

Hi Yannis,

you have to leave the old msata ssd in and go to RST and disable acceleration / dissaccociate the drive. shut down, put in new msata ssd, boot up and go to RST and then enable acceleration, RST will allow you to use 64gb max for acceleration on the drive, the rest of the ssd drive can be used as a data drive. to enable the data drive  (other 64gb currently redundant), go to RUN diskmgmt.msc to enable the new drive and give it a name.  you can then view and save to as normal drive.

Hope OK :-) - James

6 Posts

January 31st, 2015 12:00

Thank you James,

Right on all, everything work smooth and perfect

Hurray!! The crucial tech support was giving me the run around in re-installing all etc., etc.,

Yannis

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

April 25th, 2014 05:00

Hi James,

I would suggest that you disable the acceleration for the mSATA drive on the system and enable it again to check if it fixes the issue. Please follow the steps below to disable and follow the same steps in reverse order to enable back the acceleration.

Also, I would suggest that you run the diagnostics on the computer by following the steps mentioned in the video below and check if there is any issue with the hardware on your system.

http://dell.to/164l6g4

Please let me know if this helps.

5 Posts

April 25th, 2014 07:00

thanks Rav, very much appreciated.  Did as you said and it reinstalled the drivers.  left for a while but  still coming up with the error warning, I'll try the diagnostics from boot up, but did so through Dell PC Healthcheck and

SMART Status Test  result was           Failed    WSD17-BP5

SMART Thresholds Test result was    Failed    WHD18-21F

regards

James

5 Posts

April 28th, 2014 12:00

thank you Rav, it wouldn't let me enter the diagnostics as kept coming up with press F1 to continue or F2 to setup, i've since purchased a new mSATA SSD from Crucial and all seems to now be working fine, thank you for your assistance, very much appreciated

regards

James

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

April 30th, 2014 07:00

Hi James,

I am glad that system is running good with the new mSATA drive. Please reply us if you have any queries.

6 Posts

January 30th, 2015 10:00

Hi

I have a Dell XPS 8500 original configuration TAG  Service tag removed per privacy policy>

Came with a 32gb mSATA ssd from Samsung PM830 set as an accelerator

Intel Rapid Technology reports that there is an error and sdd may fail

I bought a Crucial ssd mSATA 128gb to replace it

When I replace it and boot the system the screen (before windows 7 professional) shows that the HDD ST2000DM 001-9ym164 bootable hard drive is disabled and the new crucial was the bootable one but it will not start because it was empty - I wanted to function again as accelerator

ANy ideas what is wrong or how to fix this?

Thanks

Yannis

6 Posts

January 30th, 2015 10:00

Hi

I had the same issue with the sdd and got a crucial one but when I replace it my system disabled the HDD boot drive and was trying to boot from the new sdd

Did you have similar issue and if yes how did you come around

Thank you

Yannis

5 Posts

January 31st, 2015 13:00

Good stuff :-)

6 Posts

January 8th, 2016 06:00

Hi James and Happy NEW Year

You were able to help me on a previous issue with excellence and I would appreciate any Assistance with a NEW issue i have

Just bought a XPS 8900 i7 with gforce 960 2mb, 24 memory and 256 ssd + 2t hd running win 7

The machine rocks overall but gets constantly blue screens due to hardware issue, dumps a flie andd reboots normal to win 7 again till the next blue screen

I have done all the driver upgrades I found and this keeps happening

ANy ideas or solutions you may have come across to?

Thank you

Yannis

No Events found!