Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

O

December 4th, 2017 07:00

Sony TV putting pc into sleep mode

I recently purchased a Sony Bravia XBR55X900E tv and I connect my pc to it via HDMI.  Here's is my setup:

Dell XPS 8700 connects to HDMI 2 on Sony TV.

My TV receiver connects to HDMI 1 on Sony TV.

My Sony AVR connects to HDMI 3 on Sony TV, strictly for audio purposes (ARC).

Logitech Harmony one universal remote.

My issue is this:  Whenever I switch between activites (example PC to watching TV), after the TV switches to HDMI 1 from HDMI 2, this puts my Dell into sleep / standby mode.  If I press the power button, it lights up like normal.  If I go back to the PC activity, again once the TV switches from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2, the computer again goes into this "sleep" mode and I again have to press the power button to take it out of it.

All of my pc settings are set to NEVER with respect to monitor or PC going to sleep / standby mode.  Prior to this TV I had my pc connected to an older plasma TV and this never happened.

I contacted Sony to see if it something with their Bravia sync but the person said that everything looked good from the TV's end.

I'm hoping that someone has come across this and can steer me in the right direction as it is really frustrating and I don't know what else to try.

Kev

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

December 4th, 2017 11:00

Any difference if you swap HDMI ports and connect XPS 8700 to HDMI 1, and receiver to HDMI 2?

Just a random suggestion... :emotion-5:

13 Posts

December 4th, 2017 12:00

No, good question.  I should have pointed out that I have connected the pc directly to the AVR, then AVR to TV with same results (computer goes into sleep mode).  I've even tried a different HDMI port.  No luck.

Kev

No Events found!