Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 16th, 2013 15:00

Studio 540s PSU upgraded, now no post signal

Hello everyone,

So the title says it all. Here's the background of it. A week ago the PSU that came with the system (250W) failed. I checked it one morning, after leaving it on overnight while backup was running, it was dead. Removed all cards (Upgraded video card with Sapphire HD7750 & sound card with ASUS DG PCI 5.1), tried power again, nothing. I suspected it had to be that the PSU was no longer sufficient after upgrades. Did a few days of google research, read a few Dell forum posts about upgrading the PSU. Decided on the KENTEK 400W TFX (http://www.amazon.com/KENTEK-Replacement-TFX0250D5WB-DPS-250ab-28-04G185021200DE/dp/B008551ZI8/ref=cm_rdp_product) after a customer stated she too owned the 540s. Installed the power supply and now no post beep. Fans on both video card and mother board up and running. Monitor stays on standby. Connected TV via HDMI, still no change. Inserted Windows 8 disc, again nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm unemployed and this is my main means of connecting with employers. Thanks in advance.

Stay positive,

Santos

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

August 16th, 2013 15:00

Did you remember to connect the four-pin connector?

August 16th, 2013 17:00

Hey RDunnill,

Thanks for the reply. I did remember to connect it. I disconnected/reconnected still nothing. The battle continues.

Santos

August 16th, 2013 20:00

Hey RDunnill,

Just wanted to let you know that the system is up and running, It turned out to be the memory. Don't know why I didn't check before. I had know idea memory could be so troublesome. The slots had to be swapped. I'll remember to check memory first next time an issue arises. Thanks much.

Santos

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

August 17th, 2013 11:00

Good to hear your problem is fixed!

No Events found!