Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 20th, 2009 12:00

Studio Hybrid: HDMI problem - No signal

Hi I have recently bought a Studio Hybrid desktop. I am experiencing a problem when trying to connect to a LCD TV screen.

I have tried connecting it to two different Television sets one 32 inch Samsung and one 42 inch Phillips both times without any success.

- When connecting to the 32 inch LCD I get a "No signal" error on the screen

- When connecting to the 40 inch LCD I get the message "Video format isn't supported"  message on the screen

- I have tried with different HDMI cables with the same disappointing result.

- Things works fine with connecting with the DVI/VGA cable

I would really appreciate any thoughts or help on this issue.

Thanks in advance

1 Message

April 26th, 2009 14:00

Hi,

I have the very same issue with my new Studio Hybrid 140g when trying to connect it to my Sony Bravia 40" LCD TV via HDMI cable.

When starting up the PC with just the HDMI connection to the TV, the startup screen and Windows Vista loading bar are shown,  in fact if I hit F2 or F12 I am able to access set up screens and see the video image in the TV with no problem at all,  but as soon as Microsoft Vista starts loading the login window the image goes dark (black) and few seconds later the message "No signal" is shown in the TV screen.

Funny thing is when having the Studio Hybrid restarted in SAFE MODE (...just click F8 several times when you see the very first start up screen) I have video signal in the TV while I am in this mode.

I will contact DELL support to see if they have any suggestion on how to solve this issue when starting Windows Vista in NORMAL MODE, as I have been surfing the web during the weekend and have not found any good suggestion to come up with a solution when using the HDMI cable for the TV connection.

Regards,

JHGR

8 Posts

November 8th, 2009 05:00

Similar problems with black "amnesia" screen and shifting postion and (or) changing resolution. About to try one of these, anyone else have experience with this switcher for a cure?

http://www.edbott.com/weblog/?p=2480

http://www.apogeeinc.net/products/item.aspx?item=2759

This seems pretty basic, why can't Dell and Intel get together to fix this problem? There is a new Intel driver for the 965 and W7 so maybe a Vista version will come out soon that will fix this once and for all. Otherwise, the Hybrid is a great Media Center machine when coupled with a good NAS.....

September 16th, 2010 20:00

Hi, I have the same problem when connecting my hibrid 140g into a samsung 19 tv monitor using hdmi connection. Can you help me on this?

No Events found!