Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 28th, 2010 19:00

Studio MT core 2 duo E7400- Major issues

11 month old computer with 19inch dell S1909WXF MOnitor-

Monitor screen has been going "black""- tech service guys have run their take control diagnostics, downloaded drivers, etc.  äuto detec analog message always appear- they say could be monitor (most likely not)- could be Motherboard issue- who knows

Does anyone have a brilliant insight as to what could be happening here- we repeatedly shut it down, start it up, and still the screen goes black.....I will most likely request a new monitor with the cable, then if that does not make a difference request a new computer......but if you have some diagnostics or other easier way to uncover the potential issues would love to know it.

Encyclopedia

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

June 29th, 2010 04:00

Do you have another PC that you can connect the monitor to and see if it acts the same way on a different PC?  If you don't have one maybe a friend will let you connect it to their PC.  Or if you have another monitor connect it to the PC.  That will isolate the problem and you can go from there. 

24 Posts

July 2nd, 2012 06:00

I have the same monitor and I came home one day and I keep my desktop PC on all the time but have the monitor sleep. When I moved the mouse to wake the system I noticed that the monitor awoke (power button went from amber to white) and it flashed my Windows screen for a second then went dark. I could still see the Windows desktop so I knew the backlight on the monitor had turned off. I tried disconnecting the DVI and running diagnoses and it just kept coming on for a second then going off. But for some reason after 15 minutes of messing with it. The monitor started working again? I suspect the problem will return again. Most likely something (motherboard,inverter,or connection) is weak and beginning to fail.

No Events found!