Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

BH

April 10th, 2013 08:00

System Voltage Low message on Optiplex 745

Optiplex 745. On post, we get a "System battery voltage is low". I have replaced the CR2032 battery twice now, the last time with a brand new battery directly from the store; however, the message continues to interrupt POST on every reboot. Of course, this does not seem to cause any other problems, and the battery seems to be properly holding the CMOS settings. I run my updates remotely on the computers for this client, and I have no way to get this one to come back up remotely when interrupted by a POST message.

I have already upgraded to the latest BIOS available through the Dell download site, to no avail.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

What Size  MT Desktop SFF or USFF?  Also what is the Date Code on the battery.

New is not always new. What country are you in?  Did you try a Dated DL2032 instead?

20 Posts

Thank you. I will try that. It is a bit difficult to see jumpers on these compact machines because much of the hardware is mounted above the motherboard.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

Write down the current BIOS settings and reset the CMOS. Then re-enter your original settings and see if that fixes the problem.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

Hi Brian,

This error has been logged in the BIOS somewhere. There should be a place in the BIOS (apologies for my not looking it up) to ignore or delete BIOS log errors.

20 Posts

Already done--at least if you mean Restore Defaults. That is, I already tried resetting BIOS to defaults, then re-entering my settings. Is there another way?

20 Posts

I already looked for that. I can clear the error log and have done so, but I see no way to ignore/bypass new errors (except for the standard option to ignore keyboard errors), and this error recurs on every boot.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

No, you have to turn the system off and jumper the RTC_RST pins on the motherboard.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

April 10th, 2013 09:00

Brian,

In case it's helpful, here is your manual (PDF). Yes, unfortunately, the smaller units are much trickier to work on.

No Events found!