Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

January 19th, 2009 14:00

Vostro 200 Slim - very noisy TOP fan

I have a two-month old Vostro 200 Slim which is WAY noisier than my Vostro 200 Mini.

I've worked out that it's the TOP fan which is making the whiring noise. According to SpeedFan it's running at 1740rpm (even with no load). I'm sure I've seen other owners report half this speed. Can anyone confirm?

(I'm running in a cold room, btw)

I'm running the latest bios (.15), so what are my options? Return the machine?

Any help appreciated!

December 25th, 2009 09:00

here's the cure to stop the all time( fustrating/extremely annoying ) noise from your dell vostro 200 slim tower.perform a do-it-yourself fan unit replacement.you only need to replace the (top) cooling fan with this model:

BRAND: AVC ,MODEL: DS08015R12H-006 HYDRAULIC BEARING

where to buy? here the site:

http://www.cwc-group.com/ds08015r12h.html

(worried about payment by credit-card? no worries as there's safe payment mode by paypal transaction.piece of mind)

happy computing! (with less of the whirling noise)

1 Message

February 27th, 2010 08:00

Hi Wozza

I am sure you have fixed your fan problem by now but for others - my vostro is about 1 year old now and the fan seemed to be always on full blast. 

I removed the cover and carefully cleaned the dust away.

Cleaned the CPU Heatsink fan - was filthy, the case fan not as bad.

Quick squirt of WD40 in the case fan only (decided not to play around with the CPU heatsink fan) and all is now bearable again.

Good old fashioned Dirt causing the problem.  According to Speedfan.exe the Core 0 and Core 1 temperatures are now running a bit cooler too.

Good Luck

No Events found!