Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 5th, 2016 11:00

Vostro 3250 & 3650, Windows 10 crash after BIOS update?

I have the same problem on these two models. Dell software indicated a BIOS update. So I launched the BIOS update. But when I restart the laptops, Windows10 did not start (blue screen, error on memory management). I tried automatic windows repair, start in safe mode, start with installation CD (prompt-> fixmbr fixboot), tested the ram and  are 100% working, 0 error, all failed to solve the problem. Why would Dell propose a BIOS update that crash the machine?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

December 6th, 2016 10:00

Some confusion here. The Vostro 3250 and 3650 are desktops, not laptops? Please clarify the model numbers. Also, what specific BIOS did you install?

Did you allow the BIOS to "auto reboot" the system when it was done as per the instructions on the driver page, or did you not wait and restart the systems prior to the BIOS finishing?

Why would Dell propose a BIOS update that crash the machine?
If there were a systemic fault with the BIOS files, we would be seeing thousands of complaints which we are not.

10 Posts

December 23rd, 2016 07:00

Is the Dell program ("Dell update application") that propose and manage this update
we only accept the update than is the program that manage all incluse restart. But in ALL PC we accepted, this update crashed windows and forced a boot on next restart.

"If there were a systemic fault with the BIOS files, we would be seeing thousands of complaints which we are not."

Major companies use standard hardware and BIOS configurations. We modified some BIOS settings and added a secondary HDD. So the BIOS update that Dell proposes with automatic update are for ALL machine not only for standard. However, we solved by disabling the TPM setting in BIOS (normally is enable).

No Events found!