Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 26th, 2016 08:00

Warranty Problems

I purchased a Dell desktop on 4/5/2016. Had an issue with software and was promptly fixed. Great support. In June the wireless mouse became erratic on occasion. I filed a service request on 6/14. On 6/19 the support person finally decided the mouse itself was the problem and was going to order a replacement. At first he couldn't find where I had purchased the mouse and I had to explain it was part of a package, computer, monitor, keyboard and mouse. Sheesh . Then he said the mouse I had was discontinued and they would have to find a replacement, OK. Next message I got was they had submitted an order for a replacement but it would have to be scheduled for production?????

It is now 7/26 and I still don't have a working mouse. Sure I can buy one for $10 but if this is the support I get on a mouse what happens if anything major goes out. I'm rethinking my opinion of Dell support.

When I first complained about the poor service I found myself subscribed to all the junk e-mail Dell can generate. It took 3 tries to get someone to acknowledge that I was being un-subscribed. It would take 10 days to 2 weeks.

Why does it take less than 24 hrs to start receiving the junk and 2 weeks to cut it off???

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

July 26th, 2016 13:00

AVVIDCLIF

Best to post this in the Customer Care Forum, here:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/customercare/f/4674.aspx

Bev.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

July 26th, 2016 13:00

The dell Desktop forum is not warranty or customer support.   I would suggest posting in the customer care forum if you are a USA customer.

3 Posts

July 27th, 2016 09:00

I moved it to customer care, Thanks for posting a better place.

No Events found!