Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 9th, 2009 16:00

What happened to the XPS 430??

The XPS 430 was introduced less than two months ago and now it seems to be missing in action?  I am ready to order one now but can't seem to find it. 

Does anyone know what the situation is with the XPS 430?

611 Posts

February 14th, 2009 16:00

The XPS 430 is now available at the Dell Outlet.  The scratch and dent Bestbuy configuration is priced at $679 less a 15% coupon.  A great deal plus it comes with the Dell warranty!

611 Posts

January 9th, 2009 17:00

Just this week at CES 2009.  Google it for details.

14.4K Posts

January 9th, 2009 17:00

Good question.

Here's another when did the they release the XPS 625?

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed / replaced from this post by Dell>

611 Posts

January 10th, 2009 06:00

bump

159 Posts

January 11th, 2009 00:00

I was wondering the same thing.  They didn't really seem to be offering much of a discount or have any special deals on it when they did have it up.  They must be trying to get rid of the XPS 420's before they start pusing it (having deals and promotions).

I seriously doubt that they've really sold that many units.  I say this partially because it hasn't even shown up in Dell Outlet yet (if they haven't made that many then they probably don't have that many returns/rejects to offer in Dell Outlet).

2 Posts

January 11th, 2009 12:00

Got Mine after Thanksgiving 08' Wierd things goin' on like no manuals on the machine, drivers disappearing from Dells drivers and downloads like the one for the Radeon HD 4850 one time its there the next its gone but you can get them from ATI's website factory installed driver not on utility disc i looked after it kept on crashing dell's support3 software not installed either the picture for the computer on drivers and downloads doesn't match looks like a old old machine mine looks like a XPS 420 so What's Happen' DELL?

spent a lot of money on this comp hope it didn't go in the crapper!

3 Apprentice

• 

2.6K Posts

January 11th, 2009 16:00

They're still selling it in the UK.  No idea why it's no longer offered in the US.

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/category.aspx/xpsdt?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&s=dhs

3 Apprentice

• 

2.6K Posts

January 12th, 2009 08:00

From another thread it appears it was pulled because it didn't have the advertised digital cable support:

http://en.community.dell.com/forums/t/19248293.aspx

10 Posts

January 13th, 2009 10:00

drivers disappearing from Dells drivers and downloads like the one for the Radeon HD 4850

I have a 430 with the same card, the problem occured for me after i tried to update the 64 drivers, the problem is Catalyst not the card drivers. Now i cant even use catalyst, which is a pain. That is a vista 64 problem. Other than that the 430 has worked above and beyond expectations.

On another note, after I got my 430 I posted a review about it. It contained nothing explicit, just commented on my satisfaction with the computer and the fact that I had to order it online because i couldnt even get a sales associate to place the order for me, they just kept redirecting my call over and over. They pulled the review two days later!!! What good are reviews if you wont post ones that represent what customers are actually dealing with? pathetic..

2 Posts

January 18th, 2009 13:00

Yes CCC works what has to be done is download full Ver.812 multi language or english use it to uninstall after rebooting then run it to install and 64bit vista won't crash anymore and Catalyst Control Center is fine but its like i said you won't find anything on Dells site for the Radeon HD 4850 Card check it out.

You can't reinstall off the Utility disc either because it not on the disc Dells quality is rapidly going downhill quickly when you pay for a disc thats useless you have to go to ATI Site to get It to work properly maybe a blank disc is better then you can make your own utility disc.

Anybody knows who makes good computers? Anymore.

1 Message

January 23rd, 2009 14:00

I'm very new at the message board thing, but here's what I know.  The XPS 430 now is a Best Buy exclusive.  I learned that today from a Dell sales rep during a phone call I made to attempt to resolve an OS downgrade/Warranty issue on the XPS 430 we purchased directly from Dell in late December (we "downgraded" to XP Pro, since I hated Vista after just a few days of using it).  I could have sworn that we had the option of XP or Vista, but the sales guy said "no." That's beside the point for you, though.  If you haven't found an XPS 430 already, take a look at Best Buy.  Hope this helps.

482 Posts

January 23rd, 2009 19:00

Good Evening sawaddi,

Indeed, I looked at the BestBuy.com web site and there is the XPS 430.  For the price they are asking, you would be much better served to get the XPS 420 or Studio 435 directly from Dell.  I bought my 630i from Best Buy, so I ended up with the Best Buy warranty, which in hind site is not as good as the Dell warranty (IMHO) and Tech Support for it must come from Best Buy.

You will be better served to buy directly from Dell and do so by phone rather than from the web site.  The sales staff that I have delt with are generally pretty knowledgeable and do follow through with the sale until delivery.

I also have a XPS 420, which is my workhorse at work, never a problem in the past year.  I think you will enjoy it, I know that I have,

Darrell WV

No Events found!