Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 31st, 2015 18:00

What is the best possible upgrade for a Dell Inspiron 545

I am thinking of buying a Dell Inspiron 545 from a friend. Now, I want it to run good on games such as League of Legends, Garry's Mod, and Starcraft 2.

What is the best possible CPU for this computer? Right now it has an - Intel Core2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz

The current graphics card in it is a - Ge Force GT 620, is there another graphics card that would allow better gaming experience?

I know I would need a new power supply too.

Let me know what the best possible CPU upgrades are. :)

And if you have time what graphics card/power supply would work well?

Sorry if that was too much to ask.

Thanks a lot. :)

-TrizairX

4 Operator

• 

5.2K Posts

February 1st, 2015 17:00

Generally, upgrading CPU to anything compatible with the system board will NOT give you much performance. The GT 620 is a low end GPU and there are many better ones available. Check video board review sites for options. You also will benefit from additional RAM if not already maxed out, usually more than from an expensive CPU upgrade.

511 Posts

January 31st, 2015 22:00

The specs of that Inspiron 545 can play those games no problem. Garry's mod may suffer some lag, but I used to play it on a AMD Phenom II 255 Dual Core with ATI Radeon HD5670 graphics and the performance was generally good except in extreme cases.

13 Posts

February 1st, 2015 07:00

Alright thanks.(:

If you don't mind me asking, is there any other CPU that is better than the 2.33GHz quad?

13 Posts

February 1st, 2015 07:00

Of course the better CPU would have to fit into the computer still.

I just want to upgrade it so it's even better. :)

No Events found!